Grades: PK-6 | 192 students
- Tenacre Country Day School enrolls 192 girls and boys in Pre-Kindergarten - Gr 6.
- Our well-rounded program focuses on basic skills, math, language arts, Spanish, social studies, science, music, art, computer, and physical education.
- Good citizenship and character development are also emphasized.
- Small classes, talented teachers, a challenging yet nurturing environment, a diverse population, and attention to the needs of each child prepare students for highly competitive secondary schools.
- An After School Program is open to all grades.
- Financial aid available based on need.
- "Tenacre nurtures and challenges each child, every day.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(no jeans, athletic clothing, hats)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||2013 - 2014
Varies by grade level: Need-based financial aid available.
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Sam Reece|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Khadduri|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4, 5, 6 Book Club, Chess Club, Early Bird Club, Math League, Math Mania Chess Club, Math League, Math Mania, 4, 5, 6 Book Club,
Early Bird Club,
- • Transportation available from some Boston neighborhoods • A traditional curriculum enhanced by art, computer, library, music, physical education, Spanish and science, taught weekly by a dedicated faculty • After-School available until 6 pm• Tenacre's mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day •
- School Location Miles Grades Students
West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 230 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
AshlandGrades: PK-4 | 98 students
30 Green Street
Ashland, MA 01721
DedhamGrades: PK-8 | 267 students
90 Sandy Valley Road
Dedham, MA 02026
WestonGrades: K-8 | 312 students
10 Farm Rd
Weston, MA 02493
NeedhamGrades: 6-8 | 212 students
110 May St
Needham, MA 02492
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.