Grades: PK-6 | 192 students
- Tenacre Country Day School enrolls 192 girls and boys in Pre-Kindergarten - Gr 6.
- Our well-rounded program focuses on basic skills, math, language arts, Spanish, social studies, science, music, art, computer, and physical education.
- Good citizenship and character development are also emphasized.
- Small classes, talented teachers, a challenging yet nurturing environment, a diverse population, and attention to the needs of each child prepare students for highly competitive secondary schools.
- An After School Program is open to all grades.
- Financial aid available based on need.
- "Tenacre nurtures and challenges each child, every day.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||192 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(no jeans, athletic clothing, hats)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31|
|Tuition Notes||2013 - 2014
Varies by grade level: Need-based financial aid available.
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,300|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ms. Sam Reece|
|Admissions Associate||Robin Khadduri|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||4, 5, 6 Book Club, Chess Club, Early Bird Club, Math League, Math Mania Chess Club, Math League, Math Mania, 4, 5, 6 Book Club,
Early Bird Club,
- • Transportation available from some Boston neighborhoods • A traditional curriculum enhanced by art, computer, library, music, physical education, Spanish and science, taught weekly by a dedicated faculty • After-School available until 6 pm• Tenacre's mission is to nurture and challenge each child, every day •
- School Location Miles Grades Students
WestonGrades: K-8 | 312 students
10 Farm Rd
Weston, MA 02493
West NewtonGrades: 3-12 | 230 students
1507 Washington St
West Newton, MA 02465
FraminghamGrades: PK-6 | 46 students
360 Water Street
Framingham, MA 01705
NeedhamGrades: 6-8 | 212 students
110 May St
Needham, MA 02492
DorchesterGrades: 4-8 | 77 students
515 Blue Hill Ave
Dorchester, MA 02121
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.