Grades: NS-8 | 151 students
- Tesseract fosters each student's intellect, love of learning, and strength of character in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We prepare students to excel in high school and beyond, lead lives of purpose, and become ethical and compassionate citizens with a global perspective.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||151 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Enforced Dress Code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade and the ability to apply for financial assistance.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$8,000|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Flag Football, Golf,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Homework Club, Musical Theatre Production, Spanish Club, Student Government, TAFFY (Community Service Club) Band, Homework Club, Spanish Club, Musical Theatre Production,
TAFFY (Community Service Club),
- Academic Excellence Both our innovative academic environment and our low student-to-teacher ratio challenge students to fully explore their passions and interests. We believe that students should have a high level of preparation in humanities, mathematics, science, technology, and a second language. We emphasize the importance of visual and performing arts, athletics, cultural literacy, and social commitment. Our integrated, experience-based, multi-sensory learning environment stimulates students to engage as interested, curious learners.
- Respect for the Individual We recognize that each student is unique. We believe that the greatest intellectual and emotional growth occurs when students are known by their teachers and peers, feel appreciated for who they are, believe that their work has significance, and are encouraged to look beyond their current achievements and perspectives.
- Importance of Community By stressing ethical, compassionate, and thoughtful behavior, we prepare students to help shape their world and make a difference to those around them. We are a community that encourages cooperation and values diversity. Our administrators and faculty emphasize open dialogue and respectful behavior as they work together with parents to promote each child's development. Students learn to work as a team and constructively resolve conflicts, establishing a foundation for becoming effective participants and leaders in our society.
- Educational Leadership Our innovative approach to education inspires our students to succeed. We recruit, retain, and invest in the finest faculty by providing the best possible environment to spark our educators' passion for teaching and for developing the love of learning in every child. Our educators are given freedom and support to expand and share their expertise. We fund professional development and provide time weekly for carefully structured faculty educational programs. We promote connections with institutions of higher education, and share our successful philosophy with other schools.
- Global Responsibility At Tesseract, we develop responsible and compassionate citizens and leaders for a sustainable, global society. We encourage students to make decisions that consider the world in which they live and the needs of future generations. Development of individual talents, social responsibility, critical thinking, and problem solving skills allows Tesseract graduates to connect thoughts with actions, deeds with results, and the past to the present and future.
Profile last updated: 06/26/2015
People that viewed Tesseract School also viewed these schools: Phoenix Country Day School, Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Middle and Upper School, Bella Vista College Prep, Northwest Christian School and Brightmont Academy - Scottsdale.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Paradise ValleyGrades: PK-12 | 699 students
3901 E. Stanford Dr.
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
ScottsdaleGrades: 6-12 | 249 students
9180 Via De Ventura
Scottsdale, AZ 85258
33401 N. 56th ST
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
PhoenixGrades: NS-12 | 1298 students
16401 N. 43rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85053
6990 E. Shea Blvd, Suite 120
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
I love Tesseract! My children learn so much every single day! It is a wonderful student centered program that offers real hands-on learning and gives my children a well-rounded education. They do more than offer all the arts, music, P.E., performing arts, library etc., but they bring real life learning into the classroom and ensure that their classes are integrated so that what they are learning in math integrates with what they are learning in social studies, language arts and in science. They learn through project-based learning and focus on critical thinking and presentation skills. Their emphasis on 21st Century learning, globalization and service learning really teaches their students how to be great citizens and be able to participate in the global economy in a collaborate environment. I would definitely tour this school and see for yourself how incredible it is!!!
- Posted by Parent - mirac
We are very happy at the Tesseract lower school. The focus on public speaking, creative thinking and collaboration is not only a great way to prepare children for college and future employment, but is such a functional, enjoyable way for children to learn and spend their time. While learning science, they are also learning how to negotiate with a peer, make concessions and advocate for their point of view. They discuss books and critically evaluate what they read. The projects they do in each unit are fun and promote thinking deeply about a topic. The art and music programs are stellar as well and both frequently tie in to what the children are studying in social studies or other classes, without ever taking away from the specific artistic goal. That is, they can learn strong art and music skills while still enhancing their understanding of things they have discussed in class.
- Posted by Parent - linda
My son loves tesseract and he is getting way better at everything
- Posted by Parent - Ssdds
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.