Grades: NS-8 | 516 students
The Alexander Dawson School at Rainbow Mountain is a nonprofit independent school for preschool through grade eight located in the Summerlin community of Las Vegas, Nevada. Situated on 33 beautiful acres, the campus features a 24/7 manned security gate, offerring a secure learning environment for students.
Students are taught, mentored and coached by highly qualified, dedicated faculty and staff with accomplishments in their respective areas of expertise.
They are committed to innovative teaching methods to ensure the student body is academically competitive with the best independent schools across the country.
With a low student:faculty ratio, students receive hands-on, individual support in the classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
NWAIS (Northwest Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||516 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||94 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Early Childhood (3 & 4 yrs old) $15,700, K-4: $22,300, 5-8: $23,000 Technology fees apply. Included: lunch, snacks, books, basic classroom supplies, and day field trips.|
|Admissions Director||Stella Finfrock|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||National Junior Honor Society, Student Council National Junior Honor Society,
- Overall 8:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Test scores competitive nationally with independent schools
- Regional, state and national awards and rankings garnered by students in math, science and engineering and fine arts
- World language offerings include: Spanish and Mandarin in Early Childhood through the fourth grade, and three languages in Middle School (Spanish, French, and Mandarin)
- Integration of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) in the Middle School curriculum
- Innovative, state-of-the-art technology with 1:1 laptop ratio grades 3-8
- Balanced Literacy Program in the Lower School and a focus on phonemic awareness, reading, spelling and writing in preschool through kindergarten
- Authors-in-Residence Program brings published authors into the classrooms for extended instruction
- Over 20,000 volumes in the Dawson Library and a Leveled Book Room in the Lower School
- Variety of fine and performing arts electives, including photography, ceramics, painting, musical theater, orchestra and choir.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Las VegasGrades: PK-12 | 898 students
8601 Scholar Lane
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Las VegasGrades: NS-8 | 482 students
5825 W Eldora Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Las VegasGrades: NS-8 | 965 students
3275 Red Rock St.
Las Vegas, NV 89146
Las VegasGrades: NS-12 | 595 students
9700 W. Hillpointe Road
Las Vegas, NV 89134
Las VegasGrades: K-12 | 38 students
7570 Peace Way
Las Vegas, NV 89147
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.