Grades: K-9 | 407 students
- Since its founding in 1883, Allen-Stevenson has been dedicated to providing the very best elementary education for boys growing up in New York City.
- Allen-Stevensons distinctive enlightened traditional approach educates boys to become scholars and gentlemen.
- In the belief that there are many ways to be a boy, the School offers an ongoing commitment to each student and uses the best insights and tools available to understand him as a whole person.
- We inspire in each boy an appreciation of responsible citizenship and a lifelong love of learning.
- Allen-Stevensons vigorous, pre-secondary program of academics, athletics, and the arts teaches boys to value the gratifying process by which excellence is attained.
- By creating a joyful, safe environment for learning, the School seeks to ensure a productive, diverse community of learners.
- We challenge our students to take suitable risks, learn from their mistakes, and support each other.
- Ultimately, we encourage boys to move through life strongly and rightlywith confidence, knowledge, enthusiasm, resilience, and respect for all.
- At Allen-Stevenson we inspire boys to become thoughtful, responsible, generous, respectful, studious, enthusiastic, determined, creative, and good.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||407 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||82 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 396 students
52 E 62nd St
New York, NY 10065
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 372 students
113 E 73rd St
New York, NY 10021
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.