Grades: 6-12 | 781 students
- The Aquinas Institute of Rochester is a Catholic, private, college preparatory, co-educational school educating in the Basilian tradition.
- Our mission is to teach all students goodness, discipline, and knowledge, supported through gospel values, within a comprehensive curricular and co-curricular program that will prepare them to be responsible and caring citizens.
- At Aquinas, our goal is to offer our students a well-rounded education, with the latest in educational technology.
- We believe that their education extends beyond the classroom, to all aspects of their lives.
- The resources and facilities at Aquinas offer students state-of-the-art technology in a traditional and historical setting.
- With the latest in computer technology, a new fine art center and a new athletic complex, the campus at Aquinas is ever-changing to meet our students' needs.
- Aquinas students are offered numerous opportunities to grow educationally, socially and spiritually. Aquinas graduates are prepared for college and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||781 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Choir, Advanced French - Dual Credit, Advanced Health - Dual Credit, Advanced Spanish Level 1 - Dual Credit, Advanced Spanish Level 2 - Dual Credit, AP American Government and Politics, AP American History, AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP English Literature, AP Language and Composition, AP Macroeconomics, AP Physics 1, AP Psychology, AP Statistics, AP World History, Criminal Justice I - Dual Credit, Entrepreneurship - Dual Credit, Fundamentals of Law - Dual Credit, Pre-Calculus Honors, Smart Money Decision Making - Dual Credit,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||17 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Boxing, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cheering, Cross Country,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||25 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||AQ Dance, AQ Dance Company, AQ TV/Morning Update, AQ Theatre, Arete - High School Yearbook, Big Brother/Big Sister, Catawumpus Improv Group, Choir, Band, Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), Costume Crew, DECA, Game Club, Le Cercle Francais, Maroon & White Newspaper, Masterminds, Mathletes, Middle School Student Government, Middle School Yearbook, National Honor Society (NHS), Quidditch Club, SSJ Women's Leadership Program, Ski Club, Stage/Tech Crew, Student Council, Student Recruitment AQ Dance, AQ Theatre, Choir, Band, Costume Crew, DECA, Game Club, Masterminds, Mathletes, Quidditch Club, Ski Club, AQ Dance Company,
AQ TV/Morning Update,
Arete - High School Yearbook,
Big Brother/Big Sister,
Catawumpus Improv Group,
Community Emergency Response Team (CERT),
Le Cercle Francais,
Maroon & White Newspaper,
Middle School Student Government,
Middle School Yearbook,
National Honor Society (NHS),
SSJ Women's Leadership Program,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RochesterGrades: 7-12 | 418 students
125 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
RochesterGrades: PK-6 | 292 students
1001 Lake Ave
Rochester, NY 14613
RochesterGrades: PK-12 | 529 students
1981 Clover Street
Rochester, NY 14618
RochesterGrades: NS-12 | 404 students
519 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, NY 14618
Athol SpringsGrades: 9-12 | 519 students
4129 Lake Shore Rd
Athol Springs, NY 14010
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.