Grades: UG | 185 students
- Since 1961, The Association for Metro Area Autistic Children AMAC has provided a range of services for people of all ages with autistic-spectrum disorders, and for their families.
- AMAC uses the Applied Behavior Analysis method, the only scientifically-based and state-approved treatment of autistic-spectrum disorders.
- ABA relies on intensive behavioral intervention to teach targeted skills and behaviors, and has been proven to provide significant improvement in the lives of people with autistic and autistic-spectrum disorders.
- AMAC serves the entire Metro New York area.
- Our school program is designed to serve autistic, Asperger’s and emotionally disturbed children 5-21 years of age with year round targeted educational programming.
- These are students who are unable to function successfully in public or standard school settings.
- Speech, occupational/physical therapy, art, music, counseling and parent training are provided in addition to academic education.
- The goal is the integration of children into mainstream education.
- AMAC’s accent on rigorous data collection provides accountability and feedback for parents and staff.
- With the completion of our expansion, we are offering the only high school diploma program specifically for autistic teenagers in the Metro NY area.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
BrooklynGrades: UG | 86 students
6220 14th Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11219
BronxGrades: 9-12 | 663 students
111 E 164th St
Bronx, NY 10452
New YorkGrades: PK-10 | 30 students
2116 7th Avenue
New York, NY 10027
BrooklynGrades: PK-12 | 127 students
312 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11218
Amac was an excellent choice for my child diagnosed with..PDD.nos..The class sizes are great student teacher ratio..The program is designed for the individual child.They also have a wonderful open door policy.My child loves Amac and we do too.
- Posted by Parent - grent
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.