Grades: PK-8 | 159 students
- The Banner School, Frederick County's only non-sectarian co-educational, independent school is composed of a preschool (3- and 4-year-olds), primary school (kindergarten-4th grade), and a middle school for grades 5-8. Its mission is to provide an academically challenging curriculum in a secure environment, to motivate students to achieve to the best of their abilities, and, in so doing, to stimulate a lifelong love of learning. The Banner School promotes a strong school-family partnership, individual self-worth, and respect for others and strives to graduate responsible individuals who will contribute positively to society.
- Reflecting the diversity in today`s society and our student body, Banner provides an education with a global perspective through the study of various cultures, societies, and peoples of the world.
- The Banner School, through its Learning Triangle and its diverse community of learners, provides a nurturing yet challenging environment that motivates students to become responsible citizens who lead by example.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||159 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(traditional style khaki or navy pants and knee length skirts, polo shirts tucked in, dress shoes, belts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,840|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool (part-time and full-time) through 8th grade tuition. Part time options are available for Preschool. Preschool tuition has the option to include before and after care.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Jamie Pratt, Admissions Coordinator|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Intramural Sports Only, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band Program, Chess Club, Chorus, Homework Club, Intramural Sports, Kinderdance, Young Rembrandts Band Program, Chess Club, Chorus, Homework Club, Kinderdance, Intramural Sports,
- Students must submit an application and $50 application fee to Admissions. Recommendation forms and transcripts are requested by Admissions. A visit day is scheduled and assessments are given in the student's current grade.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
IjamsvilleGrades: K-12 | 88 students
3232 Green Valley Road
Ijamsville, MD 21754
FrederickGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
6642 Carpenter Road
Frederick, MD 21703
FrederickGrades: K-12 | 230 students
5909 Jefferson Pike
Frederick, MD 21703
FrederickGrades: PK-8 | 534 students
8414 Opossumtown Pike
Frederick, MD 21702
BarnesvilleGrades: NS-8 | 168 students
21830 Peach Tree Road
Barnesville, MD 20838
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.