Grades: K-9 | 206 students
- The Bement School provides an education based on time-honored school traditions and values for children in kindergarten through ninth grade, day and boarding.
- From the classrooms to the dorms, we live and learn as a family, while encouraging responsibility for our own work and actions.
- Our rich, secondary school preparatory curriculum motivates and challenges students with thematically coordinated courses, a celebrated fine arts program, and diverse athletic offerings.
- The student/teacher ratio is 6:1 and class size averages 12 students.
- A three-week mini-term gives the entire school community an opportunity to study in-depth a common theme. Topics have included Dominican Republic, food, diversity, the environment, medieval times, and the ocean.
- Upper school students may participate in a long-standing cultural exchange program with L'Ermitage School in Maisons-Lafitte, France, and school trips are offered regularly to China and various Spanish-speaking countries. All students engage in a varied community service program.
- The pervasive atmosphere at Bement is that of a family, learning and living together.
- Bement actively seeks an academically diverse, international, and multi-cultural student body.
- Students and adults at Bement work together to create a climate of acceptance, kindness, and challenge in which the intellectual, creative, physical, and emotional growth of each child is nurtured and realized.
- Recent graduates have matriculated at following secondary schools: Deerfield, Phillips Exter, St. Paul's, Choate Rosemary Hall, NMH, Hotchkiss, Miss Porter's, Williston, Loomis Chaffee, Blair, Westminster, Suffield, Mercersburg, Middlesex, Dublin, St. Mark's, Westminister, and many other fine schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||206 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||41 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Monday dress is khaki skirt/pants with blue blazer)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Day students: $15,900-$23,700 Boarding students: $55,400|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kimberly C. Loughlin|
|Admissions Associate||Doc Potter|
|Endowment Size||7 million|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate FrisbeeAlpine Skiing, Basketball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Cross Country Skiing, Dance, Digital Photography, Literary Magazine, Outdoor Skills, Snowboarding, Tennis Chess, Concert Band, Concert Choir, Dance, Outdoor Skills, Snowboarding, Tennis, Cross Country Skiing,
- Fine arts for every child every day
- Daily physical education and sport offerings with team athletics starting in grade 5
- Academic challenge for a range of student learners
- Small boarding population allows for individual attention
- 9th grade program includes international service learning program
- Diverse international population
- World language instruction grades K-9
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HadleyGrades: NS-12 | 266 students
193 Bay Road
Hadley, MA 01035
DeerfieldGrades: 9-12 | 651 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
GreenfieldGrades: 7-12 | 154 students
574 Bernardston Road
Greenfield, MA 01301
LudlowGrades: PK-8 | 269 students
217 Hubbard St
Ludlow, MA 01056
19 Payson Avenue
Easthampton, MA 01027
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.