Grades: NS-3 | 150 students
At The Boyd School, we embrace a Montessori philosophy of education and create a warm, welcoming and secure place for children to challenge themselves and excel.
In this environment, children develop their intellectual, social and physical abilities and talents to their fullest.
We welcome family involvement, helping parents better understand the learning style and temperament of their child-and work together to maximize childrens strengths.
Our programs serve children from infancy through middle school age, and cater to a wide variety of families' schedules.
The Boyd School is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
The Boyd School is recognized by the Virginia Council for Private Education.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||31 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition ranges from $817 - $1,855 depending on the program enrolled|
|Admissions Director||Dave DeHarde|
- Broadlands / Ashburn Campus
- The Boyd School Broadlands Campus has been a part of the Ashburn community since 2003. The custom-designed learning environments feature quality Montessori materials in a prepared setting with ample natural light. The school library offers a cozy environment for winter storytimes by the fireplace.
- The beautiful grounds of the school offer students unique outdoor learning opportunities and feature an aquatic learning center with koi pond and an outdoor learning environment. The Broadlands Campus has an outdoor track, soccer field, basketball court, and seasonal swimming pool.
- Toddler (18 months - 3 years)
- * Half Day (8:30a - 12:30p)
- * School Day (8:30a - 3:00p)
- * Full Day (7:30a - 6:00p)
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Broadlands Campus of The Boyd School offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum.
- Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Broadlands campus is well below the Loudoun County average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program by the Greater Reston Arts Center as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music. The expansive outdoor education center lends itself to learning about our natural world and how to be good stewards of our planet.
- Kindergarten (5 years prior to Dec. 31)
- The accredited Kindergarten program at Broadlands provides children with a full academic school day (8:30a - 3:00p). Students work in the mixed-aged Montessori classroom in the morning and are guided towards educational outcomes. The individualized curriculum allows for children to advance at their own pace while developing a strong sense of independent learning techniques.
- Because the children are in a mixed-aged environment in the morning, Kindergarten students develop a sense of added pride from beinging the oldest children in their classroom and often take on a roll of mentor to younger children.
- The afternoon of the Kindergarten program consists of the children working in a small group setting (typically less than 8 children). This environment provides our Kindergarten student the unique opportunity to explore more in-depth concepts and develop small group skills. The expansive outdoor environment provides children with a unique opportunity to not only read and learn about their environment and nature but to experience the world beyond their classroom first hand.
- Kindergarten students at the Broadlands campus take numerous field trips to take advantage of the rich opportunities of the DC Metropolitan area. Each year the Kindergarten students attend a number of age appropriate musical performances by the National Symphony Orchestra at the Kennedy Center and guided tours at the National Gallery of Art.
- Elementary School (6 - 9 years)
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
43083 Waxpool Rd.
Ashburn, VA 20148
AshburnGrades: K-8 | 449 students
21370 St Theresa Ln
Ashburn, VA 20147
43323 Railstop Terrace
Ashburn, VA 20147
AshburnGrades: NS-K | 80 students
43629 Greenway Corporate Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147
43599 Golden Meadow Cir.
Ashburn, VA 20147
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.