Grades: NS-K | 27 students
- The Boyd School, a Montessori Children's House, is fully accredited by the American Montessori Society and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement.
- We are a warm, welcoming community in which children and adults find friendship and support.
- We are a school born from a spirit and force of parents and teachers who believe in the Montessori principles and support a child/family-centered environment.
- We want our children to grow into autonomous, caring, responsible citizens, life-long learners and problem-solvers.
- Our school is a place where all are encouraged to ask questions, broaden their understanding of themselves, and the world around them.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||27 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition ranges from $817 - $1,721 depending on the program enrolled.|
- The Fairfax Campus of The Boyd School offers children an intimate learning environment. Each classroom opens to an outdoor exploration area and playground. The beautifully prepared classrooms inspire learning with finely constructed Montessori materials. Nestled in the heart of Fairfax, the school is an ideal environment for your child to begin their educational journey.
- Early Childhood (3 - 6 years)
- The Early Childhood program at the Fairfax Campus of The Boyd School offers children a unique opportunity to learn and grow. The accredited Montessori program guided by credentialed teachers promotes academic discipline through an individualized curriculum. The intimate environment of the Fairfax campus provides students with a home away from home feel.
- We embrace our diverse student population and encourage parents to share their heritage. Children work with specifically designed materials to develop skills and are guided at their own individual pace. The class size at the Fairfax campus is well below the Fairfax County average allowing for additional individual attention.
- The Early Childhood program is enriched with an arts program as well as additional instruction in foreign language, physical education, and music. The school nestled in a quiet Fairfax neighbor provides families with a throwback introduction to their child's educational journey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ViennaGrades: PK-KG | 72 students
712 Tapawingo Rd Sw
Vienna, VA 22180
Falls ChurchGrades: K | 51 students
3335 Annandale Rd
Falls Church, VA 22042
CentrevilleGrades: PK-KG | 65 students
6319 Old Centreville Rd
Centreville, VA 20121
Fairfax StationGrades: 1-7 | 43 students
Po Box 130
Fairfax Station, VA 22039
Mc LeanGrades: PK-4 | 84 students
1830 Kirby Road
Mc Lean, VA 22101
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.