|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||European Council for International Schools
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Texas Association of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Language- based and Mild Learning Differences|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||89 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Advanced Courses||Art, Biology, Chemistry, English, French, History, Physics, Spanish,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes books and supplies.|
|Admissions Director||Anne-Marie Derry|
|Total Sports Offered||21 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Field Hockey, Golf, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Lacrosse, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, WeightliftingBadminton, Ballet,
Cross Country, Dance,
Field Hockey, Golf,
Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
- The British International School of Houston was the third of the British Schools of America to open, opening its doors in September 2000.
- We are part of the Nord Anglia Education group of 42 schools around the globe.
- The British International School of Houston has a new, state-of-the-art, purpose built, 33-acre campus, conveniently located in Katy at Westgreen and I10. It features an impressive array of cutting-edge facilities and exciting learning areas to enrich your child's school experience.
- Our dynamic learning spaces are specifically designed to enhance the learning process, with open and moveable classrooms that can be tailored to each lesson to create collaborative and exciting environments.
- This unique and international style of the school has proven popular and attractive to a wide variety of American, British and international families in the Harris county area. Today, BISH's student body, from Nursery through to Year 13, is made up of over fifty-two nationalities, the majority being American and British. The school's capacity is 2000 students.
- The British International School of Houston provides a nurturing environment with a world-class personalised learning approach that is grounded in each student's unique experiences, cpabilities and interests. With roots in the Houston community and international curricula founded on British values, we develop lifelong learners who are resilient, confident and capable of shaping the world around them.
- From the enquiry and play based approach in the Early Years to the highly specilised IB Diploma Programme, our students benefit from a differentiated and personalised approach that empowers every student to make exceptional progress.
- As early as three years of age, children at BISH begin to learn to read through carefully guided play. Our Primary school students perform well beyond their peers when benchmarked against international standards. This trend continues through our IB Diploma Programme in high school, where our students score amongst the top 5% of students worldwide.
- Our graduates are accepted into prestigious universities, both in the US and worldwide, inluding Cornell University, London School of Economics, West Point Academy, Oxford University, UCLA and the University of Cambridge, to name but a few.
- No matter where our students come from, they leave better prepared with a global passport to their future. We are more than a place to learn: We are the place to be.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1206 students
7455 Awty School Ln
Houston, TX 77055
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1375 students
201 Kinkaid School Dr
Houston, TX 77024
HoustonGrades: K-12 | 2221 students
2401 Claremont Ln
Houston, TX 77019
HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 70 students
10255 Richmond Ave #100
Houston, TX 77042
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 611 students
4900 Jackwood St
Houston, TX 77096