Grades: NS-8 | 265 students
- The British International School of New York is an outstanding IB World School that provides an excellent educational foundation for children, from the ages of 3 to 14 years, by integrating the widely acclaimed International Baccalaureate model with the best of the British curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||65 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$42,550|
|Admissions Director||Carina Szabo|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Dance, Fencing, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBallet, Dance,
Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- The British International School of New York (BIS-NY) was established in 2006 on Waterside Plaza, an upscale development on the banks of the East River.
- Facilities include an on-site swimming pool, secured playground, gym hall and Smart Boards in every classroom. French or Spanish is taught from Nursery all the way through the school with other languages available starting in 6th Grade.
- Individual music lessons are offered in addition to the class lessons, and a Summer Camp is run through the months of June to August.
- The co-ed student body is a mixture of British ex-patriots, American nationals and students from countries spanning the rest of the globe.
- The school teaches a mix of the English National Curriculum blended with the methodology of the International Baccalaureate. This combination is unique in New York City and deemed to offer a strong mix of academic rigour and transdiciplinary learning all within an intimate and nurturing environment.
- Graduates from The British International School of New York have taken up places at distinguished schools both locally and abroad. Please refer to our website for more information regarding onward placement.
- BIS-NY is the sister school of the Abercorn School in London, England and the Abercorn International School in Austin, Texas.
Profile last updated: 04/29/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 372 students
113 E 73rd St
New York, NY 10021
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
WoodsideGrades: K-9 | 88 students
7225 Woodside Ave
Woodside, NY 11377
New YorkGrades: KG-7 | 15 students
New York, NY 10007
Forest HillsGrades: PK-12 | 245 students
11917 Union Tpke
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Highly recommended. Beautiful physical plant. Incredibly professional teaching staff. High, fair standards. Great experience
- Posted by Parent - walte
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.