Grades: K-12 | 125 students
- Cambridge School, located in Pennington, NJ, (Princeton area) is an independent special education school for children who have been diagnosed with primary language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, ADHD, and auditory processing disorder, among others. Cambridge School was founded on the belief that every child deserves the opportunity for an excellent education.
- We are committed to providing that education for children who learn differently.
- Our program is individualized to meet each child`s needs and his or her welfare is our primary objective.Cambridge is a small school where teaching, learning and personal relationships are paramount.
- Our curriculum develops specific academic skills, builds a foundation of knowledge on those skills and stimulates intellectual curiosity.We provide a multi-sensory, whole-child approach to education in a non-clinical, nurturing, traditional school environment.
- We promise our students opportunities to investigate their interests, acquire confidence in their abilities, believe in their own intrinsic worth, and develop the skills necessary to achieve success.Our goal is to prepare each student with the necessary academic, personal and social skills to succeed.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia/Language-based|
|Total Students||125 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Melody Maskell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, TennisBasketball, Cross Country,
- Our language-based curriculum utilizes the Hochman Basic Writing Skills Program, Wilson Reading System, Lindamood-Bell, and Orton-Gillingham techniques. To develop the skills needed to master language. Our program utilizes phonics and emphasizes multi-sensory teaching, including visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learning styles. Our teachers are specially trained in phonics-based, multi-sensory teaching programs including Orton-Gillingham, Lindamood-Bell and they are also Level 1 certified in the Wilson Reading System. The instruction is carefully individualized so each student can progress at his/her own optimal rate. We believe that the structure and sequence of the program helps not only to improve basic skills, but also to organize the students` general way of learning. It is a step-by-step process that leads to an increased mastery and sense of self-esteem. A phonics-based, multi-sensory approach can be beneficial to any student, but to the student who learns differently, it is critical.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PrincetonGrades: NS-12 | 200 students
53 Bayard Lane
Princeton, NJ 08540
PrincetonGrades: NS-8 | 172 students
1062 Cherry Hill Rd
Princeton, NJ 08540
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.