Grades: K-8 | 291 students
- The Cathedral School of St. John the Divine is an independent, Episcopal, K-8 day school for girls and boys of all faiths.
- The School is committed to a rigorous academic program that integrates the arts, athletics, and leadership development.
- The School prides itself in being a diverse community in partnership with families who take an active role in their children’s intellectual, ethical, social, and emotional growth.
- The Cathedral School offers a stimulating environment in which each child can become an articulate, confident, and responsible citizen of the world.
- Continuing a century-old relationship, the School draws upon the Cathedral’s vast resources and provides its children’s choir.
- As educators, we must instruct and empower children to challenge assumptions and ask questions in order to become responsible citizens in a diverse world.
- At The Cathedral School, we believe that the recognition and appreciation of differences in race, socioeconomic status, cultural or religious tradition, age, gender, ability, and sexual orientation enhance the individual's sense of identity and broaden respect for others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition quoted is approximate; tuition is set by the Board of Trustees each year.|
|% on Financial Aid||
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 646 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 685 students
22 E 91st St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 999 students
139 W 91st St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: K-9 | 372 students
113 E 73rd St
New York, NY 10021
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.