Grades: NS | 249 students
- The Adult Services Program at the Center for Discovery provides quality caring and support designed to help each individual maximize his or her full potential.
- Dedicated and values driven staff, in conjunction with integrated clinic and health care services, provide rich and rewarding home lives for nearly 100 adults ranging in age from 21 to 90.
- The Center for Discovery offers programs to children ages 3-21 diagnosed with significant disabilities including autism, pervasive developmental disorders, cerebral palsy, mental retardation, neurological impairments and many other low incidence and syndromes.
- All of our students have mild to severe cognitive delays and most have significant language and social impairments.
- Approximately 40% of the children are ambulatory and the remaining are non-ambulatory.
- Our program, through our Article 28 Clinic, provides on-site medical, physical, and psychological support including primary medicine, primary dental, neurology, psychology, monthly psychiatric, podiatry, etc.
- Children participate in our program as community-based preschoolers ages 3 through 5, and as community-based and residentially based school age children ages 5 through 21.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Total Students||249 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Kiamesha LakeGrades: PK-8 | 41 students
Po Box 239
Kiamesha Lake, NY 12751
South FallsburgGrades: PK-11 | 196 students
Po Box 580 Laura Park Road
South Fallsburg, NY 12779
LibertyGrades: PK-5 | 90 students
121 Lincoln Pl
Liberty, NY 12754
BarryvilleGrades: UG | 2 students
35 Hillside Rd
Barryville, NY 12719
CuddebackvilleGrades: 7-12 | 169 students
140 Galley Hill Rd
Cuddebackville, NY 12729
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.