Grades: PK-8 | 325 students
There's No Place like The Chapel School ... or as our families call it, HOME! Fine Arts are EXPANDABLE at The Chapel School, not expendable.
More than 80% of The Chapel School's students participate in over 40 extra-curricular activities, including intramural and CYO athletics! Go Chargers!
The Chapel School has Smart Board and Smart Flat Panels in ALL K-8 Classrooms! A Middle School Tech Lab and Science Lab! Coding, Video Production and MORE!
Service Learning and Student Leadership Programs, molding today's learners into tomorrow's leaders at The Chapel School.
- The Chapel School has been serving a wonderfully diverse community of families in Westchester and the Bronx since 1947, including students from Bronxville, Eastchester, Mount Vernon, New Rochelle, Scarsdale, Tuckahoe, White Plains and Yonkers.
- Our goal is to provide academic challenge and excellence, as well as character education and opportunities for social, emotional and spiritual growth in the safest and most nurturing environment. TCS students experience a state-of-the-art curriculum complete with the integration of the latest technology, but TCS teachers maintain a balance between what is most current and tested, proven teaching methods.
- TCS's smaller class sizes allow for differentiation and individualized attention; and, our close-knit, familiar feel enables students to easily and comfortably get involved in our many extracurricular programs. For example, one of the leads in the Spring Musical may be a star basketball player who plays trumpet in the 3rd Year Band. Or, a top golfer might be a Soprano in the Chamber Choir and participate in our Service Learning and Chess Clubs.
- Our students, teachers and parents/guardians use words like "love", "family" and "community" when asked to describe TCS, and we firmly believe that it is our shared love of the children and our shared value of critical home-school partnerships that creates that feeling. Our students know that they are loved and important and we see that in the way that they hop out their vehicles in the morning smiling and ready to get to work.
- Ultimately, we aspire for each child to take ownership and pride in glorifying God with their efforts and accomplishments, developing from today's learners to tomorrow's leaders.
- The Chapel School is a proud arm of the ministry of Village Lutheran Church (www.vlc-ny.org), where our shared mission is "To Know, Live and Share the Love of Christ". We are also a Professional Development School, partnering with Concordia College's Education Department in a Concord of Excellence!
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Lutheran Schools Accreditation
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||325 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Khaki pants/skirts and polos, plaid skirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Softball, Squash, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,
Squash, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Beginner and Advanced Band, Chamber Choir, Chess Club, Fall Drama Workshop, Prep Choir, Select Choir, Service Learning, Spring Musical, Student Council (Middle School) Chamber Choir, Chess Club, Prep Choir, Select Choir, Spring Musical, Beginner and Advanced Band,
Fall Drama Workshop,
Student Council (Middle School),
- At Chapel School, our mission is to know, live and share the Love of Christ. Chapel School educates the whole child spiritually by providing worship opportunities, daily devotions and Bible-based religion lessons facilitated by a caring Christian staff. Chapel School educates the whole child to grow academically and aesthetically by providing a curriculum that meets and exceeds New York State standards, and is enhanced with fine arts, technology, a foreign language, library media and special events. Chapel School educates the whole child to grow socially by establishing environments where teachers and students become a caring community, reaching out to others in need, both inside and outside the school. Chapel School educates the whole child to grow emotionally by viewing each child as a special creation by God, thereby nurturing talents, abilities, self-control and positive self-esteem; and to develop physically through physical education classes and an after school sports program.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New RochelleGrades: PK-8 | 200 students
340 Quaker Ridge Rd
New Rochelle, NY 10804
BronxGrades: PK-12 | 1140 students
5250 Fieldston Road
Bronx, NY 10471
New RochelleGrades: KG-12 | 153 students
100 Overlook Cir
New Rochelle, NY 10804
RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
TarrytownGrades: K-12 | 847 students
293 Benedict Avenue
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Our three children have been at Chapel for the past four years. We could not be happier with the faculty, administration and staff. Our children are thriving in an enriching environment and challenged academically. As a parent, it is rewarding to see your children so happy but also know you absolutely made the right choice in schools. The staff is very hands on and the administration is visible every day.
- Posted by Parent - Charm3
I have an 8th grader who has been at the school since Preschool. She has had an excellent education in a small and nurturing environment. She has been involved in sports, drama, band, and service opportunities. She has had a totally well-rounded experience that is grounded in Christian values. She is now looking not only at top tier Westchester and NYC private schools, but has been offered scholarships.
- Posted by Parent - oilca
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.