Grades: NS-6 | 274 students
- The Chestnut Hill School, a coeducational day school located in a residential section of Newton, encompasses a preschool program for ages 3-4, an all-day Kindergarten, and Grades 1 to 6.
- Two hundred seventy children are enrolled, with two sections at each grade level.
- Because of the comparatively small size and the favorable student-teacher ratio, The Chestnut Hill School is able to offer a rigorous academic program that embraces diversity and promotes community.
- Special subjects include art, building & engineering, computer, music, physical education, science, and Spanish.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies from $23,392 to $35,149 by grade. Financial aid is available.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Wendy Borosavage|
|Admissions Associate||Kelly J. Conn, Ph.D.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess Club, Early Morning Program, Electronics Club, Extended Day Program, Friends in Our Community Service Program, Math Olympiads, Rocketry, The Chestnut Hill School for Music Chess Club, Math Olympiads, Rocketry, Early Morning Program,
Extended Day Program,
Friends in Our Community Service Program,
The Chestnut Hill School for Music,
- The Chestnut Hill School Mission is Academic Excellence, Diversity, and Community
- Before and Extended Day Programs (7:00 am to 6:00 pm)
- Green line T accessible
- Located on five acres, with a soccer field, two playgrounds, two swimming pools and an outdoor amphitheater
- A rich interdisciplinary program including Spanish from Beginners (age 3) to Grade 6, Violin from Kindergarten to Grade 1, Building & Engineering Beginners (age 3) to Grade 6, and Latin in Grade 6
- Excellent Secondary School Placement
- Vacation Camps and The Chestnut Hill School Creative Arts and Sports Camp
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 373 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
CambridgeGrades: PK-12 | 1018 students
80 Gerrys Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
BrooklineGrades: PK-8 | 555 students
171 Goddard Avenue
Brookline, MA 02445
BelmontGrades: PK-8 | 272 students
55 Day School Lane
Belmont, MA 02478
West RoxburyGrades: PK-6 | 539 students
535 W Roxbury Pkwy
West Roxbury, MA 02132
hello my name is Ane Swart i am from Cape Town and i would just like to ask where your school is and if this bording school is also for people in grade 7-8.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - jeune
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.