Grades: 9-12 | 143 students
- The Chicago Academy for the Arts is an independent arts high school, offering six courses of study: Dance, Media Arts, Music, Musical Theatre, Theatre, and Visual Arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At the Chicago Academy for the Arts, young artists master the skills necessary for academic success, critical thought and creative expression.It`s a place where the arts matter. It's a place that doesn`t just teach the arts, but encourages students to engage in, devour and fully live them. It's a place that believes each individual`s voice is valuable. It's a place where academia and artistry don't exist in separate worlds, but intertwine every day to create a holistic learning experience.
- The class of 2015 earned $7.2 million in scholarships, an average of over $171,000 each.
- Over 70% of our college acceptances were to institutions ranked in the Top 300 Colleges and Universities by Forbes Magazine.
- Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center.
Profile last updated: 04/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 1108 students
3455 S Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
Arlington HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 988 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 452 students
2153 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60643
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.