Grades: 9-12 | 143 students
The Chicago Academy for the Arts is an independent arts high school, offering six courses of study: Dance, Media Arts, Music, Musical Theatre, Theatre, and Visual Arts.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
Lake Michigan Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||143 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||12 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- At the Chicago Academy for the Arts, young artists master the skills necessary for academic success, critical thought and creative expression.It`s a place where the arts matter. It's a place that doesn`t just teach the arts, but encourages students to engage in, devour and fully live them. It's a place that believes each individual`s voice is valuable. It's a place where academia and artistry don't exist in separate worlds, but intertwine every day to create a holistic learning experience.
- The class of 2015 earned $7.2 million in scholarships, an average of over $171,000 each.
- Over 70% of our college acceptances were to institutions ranked in the Top 300 Colleges and Universities by Forbes Magazine.
- Designated a National School of Distinction by the John F. Kennedy Center.
Profile last updated: 04/11/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: 9-12 | 1108 students
3455 S Wabash Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
Arlington HeightsGrades: 9-12 | 988 students
1213 E Oakton St
Arlington Heights, IL 60004
ChicagoGrades: PK-12 | 452 students
2153 W 111th St
Chicago, IL 60643
Battle GroundGrades: PK-12 | 443 students
1919 SW 25th Avenue
Battle Ground, WA 98604
Port AngelesGrades: PK-8 | 180 students
43 Obrien Rd
Port Angeles, WA 98362
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.