Grades: NS-12 | 260 students
- Established in 1948, our school has a well-earned reputation for outstanding education, evaluation and treatment services for children from birth to age 21 with a broad range of mild to severe disabilities, including speech/language delays, physical disabilities, and mental retardation.
- Each child's program is individualized and closely monitored by a team of multidisciplinary professionals.
- Preparation for inclusion, mainstreaming and maximum independence in the community is emphasized. The CLC has a strong commitment to serving the entire family - mothers, fathers, siblings and grandparents.
- Family meetings, tours, special events, and social work services are available and designed to support the family network.
- A truly caring staff of special education teachers, clinicians, other professionals and support staff are ready to assist in every way possible.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- The Early Intervention Component
- The Early Intervention (EI) Program of the Children's Learning Center provides center-based educational and related services for children from birth to three years of age residing in Nassau County. ucpn is a recognized and approved early intervention provider of a comprehensive taxonomy of evaluation and treatment services. These services are provided on a twelve month basis for eligible children.
- Preschool Component
- The Preschool Program provides a multi-sensory approach to readiness skills for students ranging in age from three to five years. This program enhances and integrates the motor, cognitive, language, perceptual, and social areas of development in order to maximize optimal learning. An integral part of this program is ongoing parent contact that provides information and techniques to enable the parent to facilitate the learning process at home.
- School-Age Component
- Students in this division of our school range from five to twenty-one years of age. It is the largest component of our school with more focus on developing skills that allow for academic growth, maximum independence in functional ability, and transition to adulthood.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 306 students
587 Main St
New York, NY 10044
FlushingGrades: UG | 86 students
7164 168th St
Flushing, NY 11365
WhitestoneGrades: 9-12 | 128 students
2420 Parsons Blvd
Whitestone, NY 11357
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.