Grades: NS-7 | 372 students
Our faculty has an average of 14 years experience and 10-year tenure at TCS. Student-teacher ratios: Pre-primary 18:3; Pre-K 22:3; K-6 24:2.
We serve approximately 400 children - age three through sixth grade - with 50% students of color. Families represent 50 zip codes in Atlanta.
- The Children's School currently serves ages three through grade six. In May 2016, our board voted to extend to grade 7 in Fall 2017 and grade 8 in Fall 2018.
- Grounded in principles of excellence, innovation and play, our students learn to use their voice, be responsible and self-aware.
- We graduate passion-driven young adults who lead lives of purpose in an interconnected world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Southern Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||54 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No dress code)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 31 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$20,000|
|Tuition Notes||The half-day pre-primary program (3 y.o. & 4 y.o.) is $12,710.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Nicole Victor|
|Admissions Associate||Cheri Menosky|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SoccerBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After school programs, Extended Day, and Summer Camp Extended Day, After school programs,
and Summer Camp,
- At The Children`s School, we believe children learn by doing. When children engage in hands-on, meaningful play, whether it is outside on the playground or in a circle in the classroom, they`re learning essential 21st century skills like communication and collaboration. We believe above all else- children and adults- are learners first. We continually explore the most innovative curricula to ensure that our students and faculty remain challenged and future-focused. The Children`s School is an intentionally and authentically diverse community that believes that everyone has the right to show up as their full self. At an early age our students understand the principles of social justice and service to others. At The Children`s School, it`s not enough for our students to simply learn to read, write, add, or subtract. We`re also teaching them to live and lead in a big world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 987 students
1509 S Ponce De Leon Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 1160 students
2890 North Fulton Drive
Atlanta, GA 30305
AtlantaGrades: PK-12 | 740 students
215 West Wieuca Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30342
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 1845 students
1424 W Paces Ferry Road NW
Atlanta, GA 30327
AtlantaGrades: PK-8 | 279 students
3260 Northside Dr Nw
Atlanta, GA 30305
We have two children at TCS: a rising 5th grader who has been with TCS since kindergarten and a rising 1st grader who has been with TCS since Pre-Primary. To date, we as a family have had a terrific experience. We find that TCS strikes the perfect balance between teacher-centered learning and child-centered learning. Additionally, the building character program is the best we've seen at the elementary school level. Faculty and Staff make good use of Piedmont Park right across the street and play is incorporated into learning. Finally, each teacher our children have had has truly embodied the parent/teacher partnership and are consistently available and willing to share ideas about how to continue learning at home.
- Posted by Parent - jacqu
My husband and I could not have asked for a better educational environment for our 3 year old and five year old. The teachers are dedicated to each student and are truly masters in the art of teaching. We love how children are taught to be independent, collaborative, and self-aware. TCS's approach to learning uses a hands-on, project-based approach that teaches and develops necessary skills rather than focusing on content. This is not a school that is traditional in their approach. They are innovative and intentionally in their approach. We also love how character education is not an add on but an infused part of the daily curricula. There is never a day that our sons do not look forward to going to school!
- Posted by Parent - sweet
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.