|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western States Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||363 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||2205|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$40,310|
|Tuition Notes||$1,200-$1,500 annually in non-tuition costs such as books. laptop, and other fees.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$24,100|
|Admissions Director||David Lazo|
|Admissions Associate||Vanessa Ortega|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Our PhilosophyGuided by Mens Conscia Recti, "a mind aware of what is right," College Prep develops each student's strengths and capacities through an education based on ten core beliefs.
- 1. We value the individuality of our community members and our egalitarian school culture.
- 2. We believe that high expectations, kindled curiosity, and dedicated effort encourage students to discern excellenceand strive to do their best.
- 3. We affirm that deep learning requires patience, creativity, reflection, and practice.
- 4. We cultivate an awarenessof self and others that is rooted in respect and empathy and emphasizes the importance of taking responsibility for one`s impact and actions.
- 5. We work in a collaborative environment that gives young people opportunities to take risks, express themselves, and appreciate the perspectives and gifts of others.
- 6. We embrace the variety of backgrounds and life experiences within our community and recognize that the rich expression of diversity is essentialto a meaningful education.
- 7. We integrate work and play, helping students recognize the elements of a balanced life.
- 8. We foster an understanding of interdependence and stewardship that starts with care for our open-air Oakland campus and extends to our greater community.
- 9. We prepare students to make a positive difference, encouraging engagement in a full array of school activities, and service and learning opportunities in the broader world.
- 10. We dedicate ourselves, as teachers and mentors, to our own ongoing development, modeling commitment to learning and growth.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 871 students
4315 Lincoln Ave
Oakland, CA 94602
Studio CityGrades: 7-12 | 1593 students
3700 Coldwater Canyon Avenue
Studio City, CA 91604
OaklandGrades: 9-12 | 278 students
4660 Harbord Drive
Oakland, CA 94618
BerkeleyGrades: 9-12 | 619 students
1294 Albina Ave
Berkeley, CA 94706
OaklandGrades: K-12 | 643 students
1 Hiller Dr
Oakland, CA 94618