Grades: 7-12 | 7 students
- The Community School is designed for students in junior high and high school (ages 12-18 years old), as well as young adults in transition, who have had difficulty keeping pace in traditional academic settings, and who need more emphasis on social-emotional development, communication and relationship skills, and contextual, experiential learning.
- This program offers a nurturing and highly interactive learning environment built around experiences of strong personal interest.
- We are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, enabling students who are ready to work towards a high school diploma to do so.
- Students' profiles may include a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, including Asperger Syndrome and PDD, or nonverbal learning disability.
- Many students struggle with managing their feelings frustration, anger, anxiety, obsessive thinking) and with having successful relationships.
- They may have become depressed and despondent in other schools and feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and withdrawal when they first join us.
- The Community School also has an emerging program for young adults in transition, providing job and/or college support, social development, and a place in a learning community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||2 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,600|
|Tuition Notes||School accepts sb-10 scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Tara Gilbert|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
MariettaGrades: K-12 | 36 students
1517 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
Stone MountainGrades: 7-12 | 26 students
811 Gordon Street
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
RoswellGrades: 4-12 | 164 students
700 Grimes Bridge Road
Roswell, GA 30075
DecaturGrades: PK-8 | 26 students
705 S. Candler Street
Decatur, GA 30030
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.