Grades: 7-12 | 7 students
- The Community School is designed for students in junior high and high school (ages 12-18 years old), as well as young adults in transition, who have had difficulty keeping pace in traditional academic settings, and who need more emphasis on social-emotional development, communication and relationship skills, and contextual, experiential learning.
- This program offers a nurturing and highly interactive learning environment built around experiences of strong personal interest.
- We are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, enabling students who are ready to work towards a high school diploma to do so.
- Students' profiles may include a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, including Asperger Syndrome and PDD, or nonverbal learning disability.
- Many students struggle with managing their feelings frustration, anger, anxiety, obsessive thinking) and with having successful relationships.
- They may have become depressed and despondent in other schools and feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and withdrawal when they first join us.
- The Community School also has an emerging program for young adults in transition, providing job and/or college support, social development, and a place in a learning community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||2 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,600|
|Tuition Notes||School accepts sb-10 scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Tara Gilbert|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
MariettaGrades: K-12 | 36 students
1517 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
Stone MountainGrades: 7-12 | 26 students
811 Gordon Street
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
FairburnGrades: 1-9 | 127 students
5665 Milam Rd
Fairburn, GA 30213
AtlantaGrades: 6-12 | 200 students
1701 Brandon Hall Drive
Atlanta, GA 30350
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.