- Hailed as an exemplary model of early childhood education(Newsweek, 1991), the Reggio EMilia approach to education is committed to the creation of conditions for learning that will enhance and facilitate children's construction of "his or her own powers of thinking through the synthesis of all the expressive, communicative and cognitive languages" (Edwards and Forman, 1993).
- The Reggio Emilia approach to early childhood education is a city-run and sponsored system designed for all children from birth through six years of age.
- The Reggio Emilia approach can be viewed as a resource and inspiration to help educators, parents, and children as they work together to further develop their own educational programs.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||145 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Laura Carr|
- Thank you for your interest in the COmpass School and the dynamic programs we offer children. We believe that our child-centered philosophy, outstanding teachers, and unparalleled level of communication will provide you and your child with the best possible early education experience. Please visit our website for an overview of our innovative, project-based curriculum as well as our welcoming, state-of-the-art learning environment.
Profile last updated: 04/11/2015
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MasonGrades: PK-12 | 208 students
4900 Old Irwin Simpson Road
Mason, OH 45040
CincinnatiGrades: PK-K | 164 students
9175 Governors Way
Cincinnati, OH 45249
9495 Columbia Rd
Loveland, OH 45140
MasonGrades: NS-8 | 243 students
8293 Duke Boulevard
Mason, OH 45040
Symmes TownshipGrades: NS-PK
11737 Seven Gables Rd.
Symmes Township, OH 45249
Being a parent at The Compass School is being a part of a community and family. My child has been with the Compass School since he was 6 weeks old and is still attending for summer camp at 10 years old. Our being involved with The Reggio Philosophy has given my son the love of learning and the knowledge to reach out and find answers to questions on his own. He has made life long friends and has a positive and confident attitude that I attribute greatly to The Compass School and The Reggio Philosophy. They also have Drama, Art, Music and Spanish teachers! Teachers and Administration are highly respected and well educated and it shows in the respect and education they give towards students and the creativity and thoughtfulness of the environment. I recommend The Compass School to anyone who has children 6 weeks to 12 years old. They even have a private kindergarten and offer before and after school programs for school aged children. They are open 6:30 AM to 6:30 PM.
- Posted by Parent - hbede