- The raison d'etre of The Frisch School, as a unique educational institution of Bergen County, is to promote the values and study of the Judaic heritage as defined within the Written Law (Bible) and Oral Law (Talmud).
- We believe that every human being is created in the image of God, and therefore endowed with inherent worth.
- Furthermore, the human expression and experience are worthy of study, understanding, and evaluation.
- We believe that the Jewish People have been selected by God for a way of life which endows them with sanctity.
- The Jewish people are distinct by virtue of their adherence to both the ethical and ritual precepts of Torah (Jewish Law).
- It is this distinction which we believe is worthy of promotion and perpetuation through the Jewish learning and living experience.
- We believe that the creation of the State of Israel is one of the seminal events in Jewish history.
- We seek to instill in our students an attachment to the State of Israel and its people as well as a sense of responsibility for their welfare.
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||548 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||90 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 31|
|Admissions Director||Rabbi Jonathan Schachter|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
NewarkGrades: PK-11 | 70 students
4 Fleming Ave
Newark, NJ 07105
Scotch PlainsGrades: 9-12 | 802 students
1600 Martine Avenue
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
ElizabethGrades: 9-12 | 168 students
840 N Broad St
Elizabeth, NJ 07208
RutherfordGrades: PK-8 | 276 students
72 Chestnut St
Rutherford, NJ 07070
DenvilleGrades: 9-12 | 413 students
200 Morris Ave
Denville, NJ 07834