Grades: K-12 | 29 students
- The GAP School's mission is two-fold: it is for students with learning disabilities who need to retrain, refocus, and reconnect with their own learning potential so they can get back into public and charter schools, as well as, other private schools; and it offers support, foundation, and direction to our families.
- The GAP School does not discriminate in any way on the basis of race, religion, or creed with respect to admissions, student privileges, facultyor scholarships.
- The philosophies of The GAP School are embedded in Howard Gardner's multiple intelligence model and Dr. Mel Levine's neuro developmental construct model.
- When the teaching team, students and families understand the student's strengths and challenges, the outcomes are more realistic.
- Students start out with a multi-talented label instead of a learning disability label.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Learning Differences supported|
|Total Students||29 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(khaki or navy blue bottoms and uniform shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,500|
|Tuition Notes||We are a McKay Scholarship recipient school.|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lori Stephens|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SarasotaGrades: K-12 | 44 students
150 N Shade Ave
Sarasota, FL 34237
SarasotaGrades: PK-8 | 114 students
3800 27th Parkway
Sarasota, FL 34235
SarasotaGrades: 6-12 | 33 students
3552 Webber St
Sarasota, FL 34239
SarasotaGrades: 6-12 | 18 students
1201 N. Beneva Rd
Sarasota, FL 34232
SarasotaGrades: K-12 | 47 students
7333 International place
Sarasota, FL 34240
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.