- The Gordon School community challenges students to develop their full potential by inspiring their minds and imaginations, nurturing an interest in lifelong learning and fostering involvement in the world beyond Gordon.
- The Gordon School was founded in 1910 by a female pediatrician for her son Gordon.
- Today, Gordon continues to be the choice for families who seek a coeducational environment that challenges both the intellects and imaginations of elementary and middle school students.
- The nursery through eighth grade structure allows a focus on the crucial early years when the foundations of academic and social learning are laid.
- Academics, arts, music and athletics are grounded in real life applications, from the gardens maintained by three year old scientists to the four week service learning projects eighth graders complete as the culmination of their study of citizenship and American history.
- Gordon eighth graders benefit from a secondary school placement process that results in graduates entering high schools of their choice as scholars, leaders, and good citizens.
- The school's longtime commitment to being a racially diverse institution extends throughout the student body, faculty, Board of Trustees and administration.
- Gordon has been recognized as a national leader in multicultural education, sending faculty to present at conferences nationwide and hosting a Middle School Institute that draws teachers from across the United States.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||44 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Emily Anderson|
|Admissions Associate||Denise Johnson|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ProvidenceGrades: PK-5 | 298 students
600 Mount Pleasant Ave
Providence, RI 02908
ProvidenceGrades: NS-8 | 180 students
75 John Street
Providence, RI 02906
ProvidenceGrades: PK-12 | 792 students
250 Lloyd Ave
Providence, RI 02906
JohnstonGrades: PK-12 | 70 students
2119 Hartford Ave
Johnston, RI 02919
North ProvidenceGrades: K-8 | 168 students
15 Edendale Avenue
North Providence, RI 02911