- Founded in 1917, The Harley School is a college preparatory, independent day school.
- A diverse, inclusive community, Harley is coeducational and nonsectarian.
- We provide a balanced education that inspires academic excellence, encourages joy in learning, and promotes intellectual and physical fitness.
- We value respectful discourse, collaborative learning, and service to others.
- Financial aid, wrap care, and transportation are available.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||529 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||80 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||18 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Art History, Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, English Literature & Composition, French Language & Culture, Microeconomics, Physics 1, Physics C: Mechanics, Spanish Language & Culture, Statistics, Studio Art: 2D Design, Studio Art: 3D Design, Studio Art: Drawing, Studio Art: Drawing, U.S. Government & Politics, U.S. History,|
|Average SAT score||1820|
|Average ACT score||28|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$21,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by grade level ($12,300 - $25,400). Acorn Grants and financial assistance available. Please contact The Harley School for details.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,000|
|Admissions Director||Ivone Foisy|
|Admissions Associate||Cheryl Skiba|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Bowling, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||30 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||acting, advocacy clubs, ceramic wheelworking, chess, choir, community service, debate, design thinking, digital filmmaking, digital graphic design, drama production, gardening, glass making, hospice, improv, internships, intramural sports, jazz band, jewelry making, literary magazine, music lessons, musical production, newspaper, pottery, robotics, ski club, strings ensemble, student council, women's choir, yearbook acting, advocacy clubs, chess, choir, debate, gardening, glass making, hospice, improv, internships, jazz band, jewelry making, music lessons, newspaper, pottery, robotics, ski club, women's choir, yearbook, ceramic wheelworking,
digital graphic design,
- Student-to-teacher ratio 1:7; devoted faculty with an average tenure of 17 years.
- 25 acre campus with state-of-the art facilities.
- 27,000 square foot Academic Center, including the Lehman Center for the Visual Arts and Glass Studio.
- The Commons, the first preK-12 education space in the country to include multiple dimensions of education for a sustainable future. It houses the Briggs Center for Civic Engagement, the Center for Mindfulness and Empathy Education, a science center, and a Makerspace.
- Students are from 30 school districts and 5 counties.
- Why I Chose Harley: Chuck Rutberg '22
- Why I Teach at Harley: Kirsten Reader, Middle School English Teacher
- Why I Teach at Harley: Marlene Heuer, Nursery Teacher
- Harley on Instagram
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RochesterGrades: NS-12 | 404 students
519 Allens Creek Road
Rochester, NY 14618
RochesterGrades: 7-12 | 418 students
125 Kings Hwy S
Rochester, NY 14617
RochesterGrades: 6-12 | 781 students
1127 Dewey Ave
Rochester, NY 14613
2070 Five Mile Line Road
Penfield, NY 14526
RochesterGrades: K-8 | 53 students
10 Prince St
Rochester, NY 14607