Grades: PK-8 | 26 students
- The Hirsch Academy is dedicated to providing a nurturing educational environment that supports each child's strengths and capacity to understand themselves and others.
- We promote intellectual, social and emotional growth through a variety of contexts and experiences emphasizing self-empowerment, connections and independence.
- We want our students to love learning, to be problem solvers and to embrace challenges.
- Teachers and staff are hightly trained in developmental approaches that include social and emotional support, sensory integration, speech and language development, visual spatial thinking and occupational therapy approaches.
- The Hirsch Academy serves children ages 4- 14 who thrive in an aducational environment that supports their developmental, sensory and cognitive differences.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, ADHD, Sensory Processing|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our approach to education is rooted in the DIR/Floortime model. This approach is a comprehensive framework for understanding and supporting children on their unique developmental path. It focuses on helping children master the building blocks of relating, communicating and thinking, which provide the foundation for learning and critical thinking. Our students thrive with an individualized, affinity-based curriculum - a curriculum that serves each child according to their individual curiousities and developmental capacities. Students are encouraged to explore their world through a sense of wonder and discovery. They work together and individually with the staff to meaningfully understand academic content involving reading, writing, math, social studies and science. At Hirsch, children are encouraged to become problem solvers, to embrace challenges and to learn through shared experiences. We are committed to the philosophy that when children work together, celebrating where they are in the moment and discovering with one another, they have the greatest potential to become lifelong learners about themselves and the world around them.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
LawrencevilleGrades: PK-12 | 52 students
660 Davis Rd
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
AtlantaGrades: K-8 | 28 students
458 Ponce De Leon Ave Ne
Atlanta, GA 30308
RoswellGrades: PK-8 | 70 students
200 Cox Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
DecaturGrades: 7-12 | 7 students
308 Clairemont Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.