Grades: NS-K | 100 students
- One of only three NAEYC-accredited programs in Charlottesville, the ISC is a language-immersion school offering a structured, progressive, and robust early-childhood education program in French or Spanish.
- Children from age 2 through Kindergarten develop foundational skills and learn about their world through guided discovery, structured imaginative play, reading, music, interdisciplinary projects, and other research-based approaches to early childhood education, all while being immersed in a French or Spanish-speaking classroom setting.
- By learning in a multi-lingual environment, children not only accrue the myriad cognitive benefits of acquiring a second language in early childhood, but also develop the kind of broadened worldview so valuable for thriving in a globalized society.
- Classes are small, and led by experienced teachers, most with advanced degrees.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program choice, attendance option, and Extra Care selection.|
|Admissions Director||Eric Anderson|
- The International School of Charlottesville offers the best in preschool education within a foreign language environment. The language center in the brain undergoes the greatest development in the first years of life. Exposing a child to a second language at an early age broadens cognitive ability in later years and encourages multicultural awareness.
- At the ISC, the new language is not introduced as a separate subject but is an intrinsic part of the daily experience. Our experienced teachers communicate with the children predominantly in the target language. As the children learn and play in this environment, the target language gradually becomes their preferred means of communication at school.
Profile last updated: 07/17/2015
People that viewed The International School Of Charlottesville also viewed these schools: Charlottesville Waldorf School.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.