Grades: PK-3 | 148 students
- At The Julia Brown Montessori Schools, we work with nature, not against it, in helping your child achieve his or her goal.
- Our program accepts the endless energies, the creative impulses, and insatiable curiosities of the children and gradually directs their efforts into rewarding channels.
- Children have a strong natural desire to learn.
- This desire can best be nurtured by allowing the child to choose his or her own activities and to work at his or her own pace.
- No one can produce a better lesson schedule than the one produced by the child's own interests.
- When they are ready for each step in their development, their enthusiasm for this part of the program is obvious.
- As a complement to the Montessori program, the children are also introduced to a variety of special activities during the years they spend with us.
- In past years, for example, we have offered special programs in dance, gymnastics, music, or a foreign language as a means of enhancing our broad-based curriculum.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||148 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||37:1
National avg.: 13:1
- If you feel that your child should begin their formal education in a quiet, calm and busy atmosphere, using a method of education that took sixty years to perfect, we invite your child to join us. Call to schedule your tour today; we look forward to meeting you!
Profile last updated: 06/22/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockvilleGrades: NS-5 | 39 students
1605 Veirs Mill Road
Rockville, MD 20851
RockvilleGrades: NS-8 | 299 students
11701 Danville Drive
Rockville, MD 20852
BethesdaGrades: NS-12 | 700 students
9101 Rockville Pike
Bethesda, MD 20814
My daughter has been attending this school for 4 years and we have been thrilled with her social and academical progress. All the stuff are very polite and knowledgeable. My daughter is above grade level in all her subjects compared to her friends who go to other schools. JBMS presents a perfect balance of independent learning and self-discipline.
- Posted by Parent - terps
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.