Grades: PK-4 | 60 students
- At The Julia Brown Montessori Schools, we work with nature, not against it, in helping your child achieve his or her goal.
- Our program accepts the endless energies, the creative impulses, and insatiable curiosities of the children and gradually directs their efforts into rewarding channels.
- Children have a strong natural desire to learn.
- This desire can best be nurtured by allowing the child to choose his or her own activities and to work at his or her own pace.
- No one can produce a better lesson schedule than the one produced by the child's own interests.
- When they are ready for each step in their development, their enthusiasm for this part of the program is obvious.
- As a complement to the Montessori program, the children are also introduced to a variety of special activities during the years they spend with us.
- In past years, for example, we have offered special programs in dance, gymnastics, music, or a foreign language as a means of enhancing our broad-based curriculum.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||60 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
- If you feel that your child should begin their formal education in a quiet, calm and busy atmosphere, using a method of education that took sixty years to perfect, we invite your child to join us. Call to schedule a tour today; we look forward to meeting you!
Profile last updated: 08/11/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LaurelGrades: PK-8 | 189 students
15002 First Baptist Ln
Laurel, MD 20707
LaurelGrades: KG-8 | 413 students
106 Saint Marys Pl
Laurel, MD 20707
SavageGrades: NS-8 | 329 students
Po Box 406
Savage, MD 20763
BowieGrades: NS-8 | 171 students
5004 Randonstone Lane
Bowie, MD 20715
BowieGrades: PK-6 | 65 students
14210 Old Stage Road
Bowie, MD 20720
Both of my kids attended JBMS in Laurel, and I couldn't be more satisfied with their experience. They learned so much while they were there. The teachers and assistants are so supportive and patient in caring for the kids. This school is a gem. I wish they had classes past third grade.
- Posted by Parent - cumbe
My son and daughter both attended the Julia Brown Montessori school in laurel and I can say they loved it! The teachers, assistants and administrator were very kind, caring and compassionate. My children enjoyed the beautiful lessons and developed a sense of pride in the their accomplishments. The classrooms were clean, organized and inviting for the children and you could tell the teachers invested a lot of time and making the classrooms warm and welcoming. If I had a question or issue to discuss with the teacher, the administrator would make sure that I was always contacted in a reasonable time. Everyday when I dropped my kids off, I knew they were going to be well taken care of in a safe learning environment. I was very impressed by the level of learning and excited to see my daughter excel in reading as well as my son in Math. This is a wonderful school environment and I am glad that our children had the opportunity to learn so much at such a young age. My children are now attending public school and their teachers are impressed with how much they know and how respectful they are to staff and class mates. I am very happy they attended this school!
- Posted by Parent - jonea
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.