|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||ADHD, ADD,Language Based Learing Differences, Dysgraphia|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Special Dress on some occasions)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$61,350|
|Tuition Notes||7- day boarding $52,675 - 5-day boarding $30,625 day|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$15,000|
|Admissions Director||Michael Jarvis|
|Admissions Associate||Sarah Jane Crimmins|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Music - Performance group; voice; guitar; piano; options are endless, Numerous Clubs are offered Music - Performance group; voice; guitar; piano; options are endless,
Numerous Clubs are offered,
- Since its founding in 1929, The Leelanau School has ignited a passion for learning. In continuing this tradition, we allow our students to immerse themselves in their educational experience, by flipping traditional learning on its point.
- With an emphasis on analysis, synthesis, and evaluation, our students are constantly pushed to think about the world around them and how they interact with that world.
- We help guide our students towards answers rather than telling them what is correct, thus allowing each student to explore their academic passions in an immersive and nurturing environment.
- As a College Preparatory school, we define rigor by pushing our students to stretch their perceived limits.
- As an experiential school, we push our faculty to create authentic experiences that foster the level of thinking that our students are capable of achieving.
- The Leelanau School has a long history of teaching students with various learning styles through experiential learning. We are passionate about teaching and learning and are ready to help fuel our students desire to learn.
- Located on the shores of Lake Michigan and on the banks of the Crystal River, Leelanau is a small boarding school with limited enrollment. We are able to offer students an individualized approach to academics from our expert faculty and an enriching and structured residential life program that continues beyond the school day. Whether it is in the classroom or the dorm, in the equestrian ring, on the slopes, or volunteering in the community, everything about Leelanau is a life-enriching experience.
- For over 80 years, The Leelanau School has challenged high school students to reach beyond their acknowledged potential in every aspect of their lives. We offer a rigorous college preparatory curriculum using multi-sensory, experiential, and strength-based methodologies. We offer an approach to education that is excellent for all learners, and critical for those with learning differences.
Profile last updated: 03/01/2016