Grades: 5-12 | 54 students
- The Lighthouse is an accredited private school focused on providing an educational home and beacon of hope for students with a range of diverse learning needs.
- We specialize in meeting the needs of students with learning differences in an environment customized for each student’s individual needs and abilities.
- The Lighthouse offers both traditional and individualized curriculum paths, focused on preparing students for life after graduation.
- From academics to social skills to extracurricular interests, we guide students to their fullest potential.
- The Lighthouse offers a full academic program for grades 5-12 as well as a post-graduate program aimed at post-secondary education and vocational training.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities; ADD/ADHD; Autism Spectrum Disorders; Language-based Learning Disabilities; Nonverbal Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||54 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Peachtree CityGrades: 6-12 | 91 students
300 Tivoli Gardens Rd Ste 100
Peachtree City, GA 30269
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
SharpsburgGrades: K-12 | 144 students
3613 Highway 34 E
Sharpsburg, GA 30277
FayettevilleGrades: PK-12 | 60 students
440 E Lanier Ave
Fayetteville, GA 30214
JonesboroGrades: K-12 | 92 students
455 Highway 138 W Ste H
Jonesboro, GA 30238
We are nearing the end of our third year at The Lighthouse and couldn't be happier with how our son is thriving there. If you are looking for an alternative school for your child, definitely see if The Lighthouse fits your needs. I believe their strength is their capability to understand and work with individual student needs. While a student might have been frustrated somewhere else, the staff at The Lighthouse have the opportunity to know their students well and they strive to find the best way to work with each individual student to achieve both academic and social success. Typical of other teens, my son would rather not go to school if it was totally his choice. BUT, he describes The Lighthouse as a family and he would not go anywhere else!
- Posted by Parent - barb
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.