Grades: NS-8 | 189 students
The Lillian and Betty Ratner School is dedicated to meeting the individual learning needs of a richly diverse population of students, fostering in them respect, creativity and a life-long love of learning.
Through its Montessori Pre-Primary, and Montessori influenced Primary and Middle School programs, Ratner students are prepared for the challenges of rigorous higher education and for productive global citizenship.
The Ratner School's innovative and nurturing environment creates a community of learners where Each Child Thrives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Day School ranges from $14,615- $16,610.|
|Admissions Director||Rivki Ebner|
|Admissions Associate||Laurie Mandell|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Guitar, Kids in the Kitchen, etc., Roots and Shoots, Skiing, Sports Chess, Guitar, Skiing, Sports, Kids in the Kitchen, etc.,
Roots and Shoots,
- Rigorous Academic Targets: The Ratner School provides customized educational opportunities to inspire an ongoing quest for knowledge and prepares students to compete and succeed in an advanced academic environment.
- Passionate Leadership: The Ratner School leverages the talents and instincts of our devoted teachers, staff members and school leaders to develop curricula to help each student be more aware of and comfortable with learning strengths and challenges. This approach allows students to excel in competitive environments.
- Diversity within a Judaic Framework:The Ratner School builds a strong multi-cultural community of students, families and leaders that is appreciative of our School's racially, religiously and ethnically diverse population.
- Respecting the unique characteristics, personalities and abilities of the individual,The Ratner School tailors an educational program to complement the developmental levels of each child.
Profile last updated: 10/26/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cleveland HeightsGrades: NS-8 | 325 students
3380 Fairmount Boulevard
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Rocky RiverGrades: PK-8 | 309 students
1285 Orchard Park Dr
Rocky River, OH 44116
ClevelandGrades: 7-9 | 254 students
5000 Clubside Rd
Cleveland, OH 44124
BrecksvilleGrades: PK-8 | 123 students
4450 Oakes Rd Bldg 6
Brecksville, OH 44141
Concord TownshipGrades: PK-6 | 165 students
10229 Prouty Rd
Concord Township, OH 44077
December 07, 2016
In addition to complying with all the usual admissions requirements, international students must also obtain a student visa. Here are five tips to help you navigate the admissions process.
November 30, 2016
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.