Grades: NS-8 | 189 students
The Lillian and Betty Ratner School is dedicated to meeting the individual learning needs of a richly diverse population of students, fostering in them respect, creativity and a life-long love of learning.
Through its Montessori Pre-Primary, and Montessori influenced Primary and Middle School programs, Ratner students are prepared for the challenges of rigorous higher education and for productive global citizenship.
The Ratner School's innovative and nurturing environment creates a community of learners where Each Child Thrives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Day School ranges from $14,615- $16,610.|
|Admissions Director||Rivki Ebner|
|Admissions Associate||Laurie Mandell|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Guitar, Kids in the Kitchen, etc., Roots and Shoots, Skiing, Sports Chess, Guitar, Skiing, Sports, Kids in the Kitchen, etc.,
Roots and Shoots,
- Rigorous Academic Targets: The Ratner School provides customized educational opportunities to inspire an ongoing quest for knowledge and prepares students to compete and succeed in an advanced academic environment.
- Passionate Leadership: The Ratner School leverages the talents and instincts of our devoted teachers, staff members and school leaders to develop curricula to help each student be more aware of and comfortable with learning strengths and challenges. This approach allows students to excel in competitive environments.
- Diversity within a Judaic Framework:The Ratner School builds a strong multi-cultural community of students, families and leaders that is appreciative of our School's racially, religiously and ethnically diverse population.
- Respecting the unique characteristics, personalities and abilities of the individual,The Ratner School tailors an educational program to complement the developmental levels of each child.
Profile last updated: 10/26/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cleveland HeightsGrades: NS-8 | 325 students
3380 Fairmount Boulevard
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
Broadview HeightsGrades: K-6 | 88 students
1551 E Wallings Rd
Broadview Heights, OH 44147
AuroraGrades: K-8 | 209 students
1037 East Blvd
Aurora, OH 44202
Cleveland HeightsGrades: K-8 | 269 students
2160 Stillman Rd
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
ClevelandGrades: 7-12 | 126 students
27200 Emery Road
Cleveland, OH 44128
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.