Grades: NS-8 | 189 students
- The Lillian and Betty Ratner School is dedicated to meeting the individual learning needs of a richly diverse population of students, fostering in them respect, creativity and a life-long love of learning.
- Through its Montessori Pre-Primary, and Montessori influenced Primary and Middle School programs, Ratner students are prepared for the challenges of rigorous higher education and for productive global citizenship.
- The Ratner School's innovative and nurturing environment creates a community of learners where Each Child Thrives.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Other school association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for Day School ranges from $14,615- $16,610.|
|Admissions Director||Rivki Ebner|
|Admissions Associate||Laurie Mandell|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Guitar, Kids in the Kitchen, etc., Roots and Shoots, Skiing, Sports Chess, Guitar, Skiing, Sports, Kids in the Kitchen, etc.,
Roots and Shoots,
- Rigorous Academic Targets: The Ratner School provides customized educational opportunities to inspire an ongoing quest for knowledge and prepares students to compete and succeed in an advanced academic environment.
- Passionate Leadership: The Ratner School leverages the talents and instincts of our devoted teachers, staff members and school leaders to develop curricula to help each student be more aware of and comfortable with learning strengths and challenges. This approach allows students to excel in competitive environments.
- Diversity within a Judaic Framework:The Ratner School builds a strong multi-cultural community of students, families and leaders that is appreciative of our School's racially, religiously and ethnically diverse population.
- Respecting the unique characteristics, personalities and abilities of the individual,The Ratner School tailors an educational program to complement the developmental levels of each child.
Profile last updated: 10/26/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Cleveland HeightsGrades: NS-8 | 325 students
3380 Fairmount Boulevard
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118
ClevelandGrades: PK-8 | 138 students
12510 Mayfield Rd
Cleveland, OH 44106
ClevelandGrades: NS-12 | 1003 students
5000 Clubside Rd and 12465 County Line Rd.
Cleveland, OH 44124
2073 Alexandria Way
Macedonia, OH 44056
ClevelandGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
15100 Lake Shore Blvd
Cleveland, OH 44110
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.