Grades: PK-5 | 22 students
- The Lourie Center School, established in 1986, is a private school for children with special needs, certified by the Maryland State Department of Education The School serves children from nursery through grade five who have complex emotional and developmental problems which interfere with their ability to learn in a traditional school setting.
- The program runs for 11 months each year to provide continuity of structure, consistency in relationships, educational programming, and ongoing provision of therapies to our students.
- Our students currently come from Montgomery County, Prince George's County and Washington, D.C. The school program combines an educational curriculum with therapeutic services to strengthen children's emotional resources, social capacities, cognitive development, motor abilities, speech and language skills.
- Class size ranges from 6 to 8 children, with a minimum of one adult for three children.
- Maximum school enrollment is 40 children.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||22 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RockvilleGrades: 3-12 | 43 students
12301 Academy Way Ste B
Rockville, MD 20852
RockvilleGrades: PK-12 | 98 students
9975 Medical Center Drive
Rockville, MD 20850
Sandy SpringGrades: K-12 | 10 students
900 Olney Sandy Spring Rd
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
WashingtonGrades: PK-8 | 329 students
1640 Kalmia Road NW
Washington, DC 20012
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.