- The Midland School is a comprehensive special education program serving the individual social, emotional, academic, and career education needs of children with developmental disabilities.
- Its mission is to provide quality programs to enable students to reach their highest level of achievement and independence allowing them to become contributing members of their communities.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
ASAH Private Special Education
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||150 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Shawn McInerney|
|Admissions Associate||Barbara Barkan, Principal|
- The Midland School is a New Jersey approved private nonprofit special education school for children and young adults with developmental disabilities located on 57 picturesque acres in North Branch, Somerset County, NJ.
- For over fifty years, Midland has provided quality programs and activities to enable our students, age 5-21, to reach their highest level of achievement and independence, and to become contributing members of their communities.
- Midland's programs are developed for the individual student. Instruction is dynamic-changing to meet each student's needs considering their learning styles and developmental levels.
- Midland's staff (all fully certified) uses multi-sensory, research-based strategies to address all core curriculum areas. Assistive technology and field trips make learning motivating and accessible for all students.
- Midland's curriculum extends beyond the core areas. A comprehensive social skills program and weekly instruction in a variety of adapted living skills prepare our students for success in the community.
- Midland's Speech, Physical and Occupational therapists work with teaching staff to identify each students needs in these areas.
- Midland develops life long work skills and career development program is part of every student's schedule.
- Midland's students are most successful when school and home work together. Midland has an active parents' association and family recreational activities all contribute to the important relatoinship between home and school.
Profile last updated: 07/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Basking RidgeGrades: K-12 | 1114 students
131 Martinsville Road
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
FlemingtonGrades: 8-12 | 37 students
11 Minneakoning Rd
Flemington, NJ 08822
Belle MeadGrades: 7-12 | 130 students
Po Box 147 252 Rt 601
Belle Mead, NJ 08502
Bound BrookGrades: 7-12 | 34 students
Po Box 947
Bound Brook, NJ 08805
SomervilleGrades: 9-12 | 769 students
240 Mountain Ave
Somerville, NJ 08876