Grades: NS-1 | 94 students
The Montessori House offers children a remarkable learning experience based on Maria Montessori`s insights and materials.
Each year over 100 pupils participate in a rich variety of programs for children ages 2-1/2 to 7, including half-day, full-day and after care options plus summer camp.
We invite you to call 201-816-8343 to schedule a one-on-one tour of The Montessori House on any school day.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,500|
|Tuition Notes||For Sept 2015 $9,400+ for half-day programs $17,300+ for full-day programs|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After Care to 6 p.m., Art Club, Beginner and Intermediate Chess, Making Music, Raw Food Fun, Reading Fun Art Club, Making Music, Raw Food Fun, Reading Fun, After Care to 6 p.m.,
Beginner and Intermediate Chess,
- The Montessori House is the only pre-school in Northeast Bergen County that is a Full Member School of the American Montessori Society (AMS). That means all our lead teachers have earned their Montessori credentials, including over 1 year of course work and a 1 year practicum (student teaching).
- All our Montessori classes have a student:teacher ratio of 10:1 or less.
- We offer both full day and half-day programs for children between the ages of 2-1/2 and 1st grade, plus After Care until 6 p.m.
- For 2013-14 we've added a new classroom and increased our capacity for full-day Pre-Primary students.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Fort LeeGrades: PK-K | 58 students
2324 Fifth Street
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
SpringfieldGrades: PK-K | 71 students
37 Church Mall
Springfield, NJ 07081
ParamusGrades: PK-K | 166 students
70 Eisenhower Dr Ste 3
Paramus, NJ 07652
EnglewoodGrades: NS-K | 44 students
150 E Palisade Avenue
Englewood, NJ 07631
TenaflyGrades: PK-8 | 283 students
67 N Summit St
Tenafly, NJ 07670
November 21, 2016
What is really important in choosing a private school? Ranks? Academics? Financial aid? Sports programs? Arts programs? One of these criteria doesn't matter. The others do.
November 09, 2016
Private School Review has a robust search engine which will make your private school search process much easier to do. Here are some tips on how to use this tool.
November 09, 2016
We take a look at the enormous impact a private foundation can have on education.