Grades: PK-8 | 58 students
Middle schoolers are held to a high standard of academic achievement to pave the way for a successful transition to high school. Low student/teacher ratios ensure students get the support they need.
Kindergarten teacher and student practice counting using an abacus. Manipulatives are central in teaching beginning math at TNCA.
The New Classical Academy offers a classical education in a hands-on environment; our students master concept as well as content, develop the internal motivation to become lifelong learners, discover the value of intellectual and social collaboration, and enjoy coming to school every day.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||58 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||12 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,400|
|% on Financial Aid||
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Andy Cross|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, SoccerBasketball, Flag Football,
- Inside our multi-age classrooms, students work at their own pace, with the one-on-one support they need from teachers to meet age-appropriate standards, and the freedom to further pursue the topics that most engage them.
- Self-directed study is balanced with small group work and instruction as well as experiential activities, both within each classroom and school-wide, that help bring the curriculum to life: science experiments, theater, art projects, crafts, music, math games, and more.
- We spend at least a full hour outside every day for lunch and fun, and provide many additional opportunities for fresh air and creative play.
- Our presentation of the material is shaped by the classical concept of the "trivium": three progressive stages of learning that mirror and leverage children`s natural cognitive development in order to cultivate academic growth. The trivium gives students first the knowledge, then the understanding, and finally the creativity to approach each subject in the fullest way.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HendersonvilleGrades: K-12 | 29 students
1787 Dana Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792
Black MountainGrades: K-8 | 74 students
Po Box 1143
Black Mountain, NC 28711
AshevilleGrades: PK-8 | 210 students
574 Haywood Road
Asheville, NC 28806
AshevilleGrades: 9-12 | 290 students
360 Asheville School Road
Asheville, NC 28806
TNCA has been the perfect place for our boys. The morning block of learning time teaches kids to focus and the large amount of outside time keeps them able to learn. The curriculum is tailored to each child so that everyone is challenged. Learning with kids in other grades teaches respect and kindness. The teachers love the kids - and the families!
- Posted by Parent - Linnea Linton
January 11, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
January 03, 2017
When you visit schools, please don't make the following common mistakes. A little thought and preparation will help you make the best impression possible.
December 21, 2016
Bullying has gone electronic. It's called cyberbullying and it is rampant.