Grades: NS-8 | 360 students
The New School has gone 1:1 in 1st through 8th grades. Our students in 1st through 4th grades each have an iPad to use that they can take with them to all of their classes. In Middle School, each student is assigned a MacBook Air, which is an essential part of most of their academic pursuits.
Our Head of School, Dennis Chapman and The New School Cheerleaders introduce our new mascot, Newton!
Gardening is very important at The New School. We believe our students should know where their food comes from and have experience in the process first hand. We have numerous gardens throughout campus and use the harvest in our daily meals.
The Tinkering Studio is a shared workshop where parents, teachers and students (Pre-K through 8th grade) explore learning that combines science, technology, engineering, and art in playful and inventive ways, encouraging students to tinker, experiment, and be creative!
The New School is a coeducational, independent school with 360 students from toddler age through grade eight.
The School’s mission as an independent school is dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering students to reach their potential for academic achievement, creativity and citizenship.
The New School is located on a spacious 25-acre campus at 2514 New School Place in beautiful Fayetteville, Arkansas.
The School recently completed an expansion project, which doubled the size of its existing facility.
This project included a new 350-seat auditorium, 12 new spacious preschool classrooms, an expansive creative play center and gross motor center, increased and renovated space for all programs.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||360 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||39 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$10,912|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool Tuition varies with schedule.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Associate||Valerie Lynch|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Football, Golf, Soccer, TennisBallet, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art & Ceramics, Choir/Band, Computers, Drama/Acting, Girl Scouts, Mandarin Chinese, MathCounts, Piano, Quiz Bowl, Violin Art & Ceramics, Choir/Band, Computers, Drama/Acting, Girl Scouts, MathCounts, Piano, Quiz Bowl, Violin, Mandarin Chinese,
- Established in 1971, The New School is a coeducational, independent school with 360 students from toddler age through grade eight. The School’s mission as an independent school is dedicated to inspiring a love of learning and empowering students to reach their potential for academic achievement, creativity and citizenship. The New School is located in the heart of Fayetteville, Arkansas, part of the larger Northwest Arkansas community. Our 26 acre campus includes 4 buildings, 4 playgrounds, a 350 seat auditorium, a dance studio, an outdoor amphitheater, an expansive creative play center and a large wooded area. We are also a certified Natural Wildlife Habitat.
- Number of students: 360
- Preschool: 144
- Lower School (Kindergarten-4): 135
- Middle School (5th-7th): 81
- Ages taught: 12 months-7th Grade — 8th Grade
- Our families represent 42 states and 25 different countries.
- Faculty: 63 full time, 52 part time
- Administrators: 7
- Staff: 11
- Our students are provided with a wide-array of daily Enrichment activities. All students, beginning with 3-year-olds, are provided lessons in Spanish, Art, Music, and Physical Education.The afterschool program furnishes further opportunities in both Arts and Athletics, with offerings including Ceramics, Dance, Violin, Piano, Guitar, Choir, Disc Golf, Yoga, and Basketball.
- ISACS (The Independent Schools Associational of the Central States)http://www.isacs.org
- ANSAA (Arkansas Nonpublic School Accrediting Association)http://www.ansaa.com
- Arkansas Better Beginnings: 3 starhttp://www.arbetterbeginnings.com
Profile last updated: 10/22/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FayettevilleGrades: NS-6 | 300 students
57 E Township St
Fayetteville, AR 72703
SpringdaleGrades: PK-12 | 1036 students
1707 Johnson Rd
Springdale, AR 72762
SpringdaleGrades: PK-1 | 163 students
1800 W Emma
Springdale, AR 72762
RogersGrades: PK-8 | 308 students
1315 W Cypress St
Rogers, AR 72758
FayettevilleGrades: NS-K | 112 students
57 W Colt Square Dr
Fayetteville, AR 72703
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.