Grades: K-8 | 354 students
8th grade helpers volunteer each morning to greet kindergarten students arriving at The Peck School.
At The Peck School, of course, everyone knows your name! More importantly, our small class sizes and 6:1 student to teacher ratio ensures that everyone also knows who you ARE.
We keep the fun in youth sports at The Peck School with an emphasis on good sportsmanship, hard work, and positive coaching.
90% of The Peck School graduates attend their first choice secondary school. Our graduates matriculate to some of the finest schools in the country.
The Peck School fosters a life-long love of learning and encourages students to be resilient, imaginative, and take responsibility for their education.
When it comes to your child, at The Peck School, we see the same things you see.
We see a bright young mind, brimming with hope, ready to learn, and eager for new kinds of opportunities.
And, as one of the nation`s finest independent, coeducational day schools, our mission is as clear today as it was when we were founded in 1893-to introduce those bright young minds to even brighter futures.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New Jersey Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||354 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from 29,000 (KG) to 34,600 (8th Grade). A healthy financial aid budget is available. Interested families are encouraged to apply.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$19,500|
|Admissions Director||Erin Gordon Ceder|
|Admissions Associate||Wanda Fiorini|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Field Hockey, Ice Hockey,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Spirit (literary magazine), Builders Club, Chess, Coding, Drama Club, Friday Fun and Floor Hockey, Golf, Green Team, Guitar Jam, ImPeckable News (school newspaper), InDeCoRe Club (Character Develo, Junior Book Cooks, Linden (yearbook), Lower School Help, Nifty Knitters, Pinterest Party, Plant-It-Vegetable, Play with Your Food, Project Linus, Star Wars Arts and Crafts, Steel Pan Band, Student Council, Volunteerism Group, Yoga Builders Club, Chess, Coding, Drama Club, Golf, Green Team, Guitar Jam, Nifty Knitters, Project Linus, Steel Pan Band, Yoga, Art Spirit (literary magazine),
Friday Fun and Floor Hockey,
ImPeckable News (school newspaper),
InDeCoRe Club (Character Develo,
Junior Book Cooks,
Lower School Help,
Play with Your Food,
Star Wars Arts and Crafts,
- When it comes to your child, at The Peck School, we see the same things you see. We see a bright young mind, brimming with hope, ready to learn, and eager for new kinds of opportunities. And, as one of the nation`s finest independent, coeducational day schools, our mission is as clear today as it was when we were founded in 1893-to introduce those bright young minds to even brighter futures.
- Here's How:
- A Challenging Curriculum
- Whether it`s in the Upper School (grades 58), the Lower School (grades K4), or Kindergarten, our students engage in a carefully crafted curriculum that integrates reading, writing, mathematics, social studies, the sciences, world languages, and a variety of creative endeavors such as painting, drawing, sculpture, music, class plays, and woodworking.
- A Caring Community
- Everything we do begins and ends with collaboration. When you enroll your child at Peck, we will share a common goal of embracing your child`s talents, dreams, and hopes for the future. Our community of parents is a vital ingredient to the success we`ve enjoyed for more than a century.
- A Commitment to Character
- It may be as simple as an eighth grader holding open a door for a kindergartner. Or great sportsmanship among a group of students at play. At Peck, consideration of others is on display everywhere. Our acclaimed Individual Development and Community Responsibility Program, InDeCoRe, is a major part of this mission, guiding positive character development across our community.
- A Caring, Renowned Faculty
- Our teachers inspire, and are inspired by, their students every day. With an average of 18 years work experience, Peck faculty are experienced and skilled at helping your child succeed. Our faculty work individually and as part of teams to assess each student`s strengths and needs, help determine individual goals, and develop strategies for intellectual growth and personal development.
- A Focus on Technology
- We emphasize the use of technology throughout our curriculum. From computer lab classes for Kindergartners, to our one-to-one laptop program, to our campus-wide wireless network, to our state-of-the-art multimedia resources, we are recognized as a leader when it comes to infusing technology into the learning experience.
- An Emphasis on Life Skills and Traits
- The Life Skills and Traits program at Peck is one of our hallmarks, and is designed to develop, foster, and strengthen in each individual student traits necessary to succeed and thrive in today`s complex and challenging world. These areas include proficiency in public speaking, information literacy, real-world problem solving skills, and an awareness of what it means to be a responsible global citizen.And, more than anything, at Peck you will find a caring and supportive environment that celebrates the distinct talents, perspectives, and dreams of our students.
Profile last updated: 01/19/2016
Nearby Private Schools:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 478 students
63 Macculloch Ave
Morristown, NJ 07960
MorristownGrades: PK-8 | 188 students
Po Box 1996
Morristown, NJ 07962
MorristownGrades: PK-K | 72 students
6 Kahn Rd
Morristown, NJ 07960
MorristownGrades: 6-12 | 571 students
70 Whippany Road
Morristown, NJ 07960
MorristownGrades: 9-12 | 40 students
8 Columba St
Morristown, NJ 07960
Rental Market Monitor
January 25, 2016
This is a very practical list of things you must do before you graduate. The items on this list will enhance your college applications.
January 08, 2016
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.
January 05, 2016
Many parents search for an answer to the question "How do I provide the kind of religious education I want for my child?" Religious education is a very personal, subjective matter. We explore some of your options.