Grades: PK-8 | 19 students
The Phoenix School is a co-educational day school for students in preschool through 8th grade.
The mission of The Phoenix School is to develop global citizens who are compassionate, creative, and technologically proficient individuals in a dynamic and interconnected world.
Student, teachers, and parents of diverse backgrounds join together to integrate the knowledge, values, and leadership necessary for students to participate actively within their families and communities, now and into the future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||19 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||4 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(Students are expected to dress to learn.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Mar. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$18,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition ranges from $20400 for PK to $21800 ( includes travel study trip) for grades 5-8.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$7,800|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Leslie Levesque|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Cross Fit, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldCross Fit, Intramural Sports Only,
Track and Field
- Phoenix Kids Go Places! Students use the downtown Salem area as their campus and the world as their classroom. 89 Margin St. is home base but students discover that learning is everywhere as we utilize our community resources and connect with students all over the globe.
- Local partnerships with the Salem YMCA, the world-renowned Peabody Essex Museum, Creative Salem, Mayor's Office, and Raw Artworks in nearby Lynn, MA help to provide an engaging and real-world educational experience for our students, preparing them to learn and grow in any environment.
- Travel to Learn. Each year 5th-8th graders visit a placeas a group of excited and knowledgable learners. We have visited the reefs of Virgin Islands National Park, the caves of Carlsbad Caverns National Park, Everglades National Park, and many more.
- Connect to Learn. All of our students, beginning in PK, participate in global projects that engage their curiosity, teach them about other cultures and kids around the world. In recent projects we have connected with countires from 6 of our 7 continents!
- The Phoenix School is a co-educational day school for students in preschool through 8th grade. The school strives to develop caring, self-confident, inquisitive, competent individuals responsive to a changing, complex world. Students, teachers and parents of diverse backgrounds actively join together in an education compact committed to the acquisition of skills, knowledge and values necessary for accepting responsibility for their lives in today's and tomorrow's world and for assuming effective roles within their families and communities.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BeverlyGrades: 6-12 | 150 students
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
PeabodyGrades: PK-8 | 485 students
19 Chestnut St
Peabody, MA 01960
MarbleheadGrades: PK-KG | 31 students
53 Robert Rd
Marblehead, MA 01945
BeverlyGrades: PK-8 | 170 students
13 Chapman St
Beverly, MA 01915
LynnGrades: PK-8 | 348 students
28 Bowler St
Lynn, MA 01904
October 20, 2016
Among the many forms which you must complete when applying to private school is something called The Candidate Statement. Here's what it is involved in preparing this document.
October 19, 2016
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
October 18, 2016
Submit your employment application the way a Swiss watch craftsman builds a watch. With precision and accuracy.