Grades: K-8 | 309 students
- The Rashi School graduates accomplished and engaged students with a strong sense of self and Jewish identity who understand their obligation to make a difference in the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||309 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1|
|Tuition Notes||Rashi is committed to having an economically diverse student population. Rashi grants financial aid awards totaling about $1.4M or about 30% of the student enrollment.|
|Admissions Director||Adrien Khelemsky|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Dance, Soccer, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Animation, Chess, Choir, Drama, Fencing, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Karate, Lego Engineering, Mandarin, Nature Explorers, Piano, Science and Engineering Club, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Voice, Yoga, Zumba Animation, Chess, Choir, Drama, Fencing, Flute, Guitar, Jam Band, Karate, Mandarin, Piano, Sports Mania, Study Hall, Voice, Yoga, Zumba, Lego Engineering,
Science and Engineering Club,
- Located on a 162-acre wooded campus on the Charles River, Rashi attracts students from areas surrounding Boston, Jamaica Plain, Wellesley, Newton, and Needham. Our 300 students from Kindergarten through 8th grade benefit from a warm, academically challenging, and values-rich environment that cultivates commitment and respect for learning in the classroom and outside.
- The Rashi interdisciplinary curriculum weaves Jewish studies seamlessly with secular learning, integrating material from varied subjects through the school day. Rashi teachers are adept at differentiating their instruction, designing lessons around students` readiness, interests and learning profiles.
- Rashi`s dedication to Social Justice extends from classroom curricula into all-school projects, individual initiatives, and community partnerships.
- Rashi shares a campus with NewBridge on the Charles, a multi-generational village where Rashi students` and NewBridge residents` lives intersect and enrich each other.
- Rashi, the Boston area`s Reform Jewish K-8 Independent School, is a diverse community welcoming interfaith families.
- Transportation by bus is available.
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.