Grades: K-8 | 291 students
- The Richmond Montessori School mission is to provide for each student a well-rounded, individualized education and developmental experience that is grounded in Montessori principles and that nurtures an enduring love of learning.
- RMS will be a model educational community that provides a creative, responsive learning environment, which nurtures each child's innate and unique tendency for growth and development, for the mutual benefit of the child, the family and the greater community.
- RMS strives for excellence in its programs, operations, staff and students.
- RMS strives to create a safe, caring, stable environment that is child-centered and community-oriented.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Virginia Association of Independent Schools (VAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||291 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 26%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||33 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||Ranges from $8,950 to $13,525. Tuition covers all expenses of the Montessori curriculum and specialty programs, with the exception of required grade specific fees (i.e., Technology Fee, Middle School fee).|
|Admissions Director||Grainne Murray|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
11600 Gayton Rd
Richmond, VA 23238
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 164 students
4000 Creighton Road
Richmond, VA 23223
RichmondGrades: PK-12 | 329 students
3400 Brook Road
Richmond, VA 23227
RichmondGrades: PK-8 | 363 students
8250 Woodman Rd
Richmond, VA 23228
RichmondGrades: K-8 | 460 students
6011 York Rd
Richmond, VA 23226
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.