Grades: NS-8 | 201 students
Voted one of the best preschools in Monmouth County the last 4 years, Seashore Preschool picks up children at their door and takes them where they need to go academically, physically and socially. With extras like year-round swim lessons, gymnastics and free door-to-door transportation, the well-rounded, fun program offers more for the money than any other school or day care.
Seashore Preschool takes learning beyond the classroom and way beyond the basics. We are the only school that offers an entire campus for 3-year olds and another for pre-k with bright classrooms, science labs, computers, art studios, music rooms, gyms and indoor heated pools. After academics, students take specials like year-round swim lessons --so successful most swim in no time.
Giving children a foundation they can count on, Seashore Pre-Kindergarten is the most popular pre-k in Monmouth County. To keep class size small, there are four classes for the 53 children enrolled. Students learn to form upper and lower case letters, count to 100, take Spanish, science lab, art, music, dance, yoga, gym and swimming, and go on field trips.
The Seashore School was chosen to participate in Stars of Hope, an international initiative. Students were given an opportunity to express their feelings about 9/11 and Hurricane Sandy through art. The volunteer organization has done projects from Japan and Ireland to Boston, Newton and Long Branch. When complete, thousands of stars with messages of hope were displayed throughout the community.
Seashore Players, our after school drama company, has distinguished itself as the area's premiere performing arts organization -- delivering hit after hit for the past decade. Students have mastered singing, dance and acting skills to wow audiences and will again bring down the house with their 10th Anniversary Spring Musical Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory March 18-20.
To enhance education and give students a real-life understanding of what they are studying in the classroom, there are field trips to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, 9/11 Museum, Columbia University's Fall Journalism Conference, Liberty Science Center, Physics Day at Great Adventure, Broadway Show & Workshops, fossiling at Poricy Park, Clean Ocean Action Summit, Jenkinsons Aquarium and more.
Seashore keeps students engaged with Promethean ActivBoards in all kindergarten-eighth grade classrooms. Using this technology, teachers can take lessons further and supplement textbook learning with real-time world events as they are happening. Students can visit distant parts of the world, do math equations, see letters form, share a book on a screen and instantaneously be assessed.
Students interested in sports can compete on our soccer, basketball and track teams, where the emphasis is on developing competitive skills, building camaraderie and being team players. Seashore teams make it the the Playoffs, Semi-Finals, All-Star Meets and won the Monmouth County Sportsmanship Award along with the Red Kettle Classic three years in a row.
The Seashore School has a 42 year history of success. Students typically are accepted to the high schools of their choice including High Technology High School, Biotechnology High School, Allied Health & Science, Communications, MAST, CBA and Red Bank Regional's Specialized Academies. Graduates from the class of 2015, 2014 and 2012 are currently attending High Tech.
If you are looking for a school where your child will be happy, challenged and ahead of the game, The Seashore School is the place to be.
For 40 years, a Seashore education has not only led to acceptance at the most prestigious high schools.
It has made learning fun and given students endless opportunities to discover new talents, expand their horizons, gain insights, look at things from different perspectives, build confidence, make lasting friendships and develop the skills to excel academically, athletically and socially.
From preschool through eighth grade, we offer advanced, diversified curriculums that include foreign language, technology, science lab, music, art studio, physical education and year-round swim lessons, plus specialized training in drama, dance and singing for those interested in performing arts.
Our approach to education is so succesful, students typically perform a grade above their peers, score in the top percent of standardized exams, won a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League University's Graduate School of Journalism, won the 2013 People's Choice Award from the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, took first in Marine Academy of Science and Technology (MAST) Middle School Tournaments, are recognized nationally for academic achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and gain acceptance into the high schools of their choice -- including top ranked High Technology High School, Biotechnology, Allied Health & Science, Communications, MAST and Christian Brothers Academy.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||50 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(clean and neat)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$13,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition includes door-to-door transportation, books and supplies.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Sharon Villapiano|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Swimming, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art, Award Winning Student Newspaper, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Edible School Yard Cooking Elective, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga Art, Ceramics, Cheer Dancing, Chess, Dance, Drama, Gymastics, Jewelry Making, Spanish Club, Swimming, Yoga, Award Winning Student Newspaper,
Edible School Yard Cooking Elective,
- Seashore is the only school that offers an entire campus for preschool and another for pre-kindergarten with bright classrooms, computer and science labs, indoor heated pools, gyms, state of the art gymmastics equipment and playgrounds.
- Our Full-Day Kindergarten includes extras most schools do not offer at this level like foreign language, hands-on experiments in our science lab, computer lab, year-round swim lessons and an advanced reading program with proven results. By mid year most children read on their own and by the end of the year can recognize nearly 1,000 words.
- In addition to a strong academic curriculum, aspiring young actors can take drama, dance and singing lessons needed to put on professionally produced full-scale productions. As part of their program they go to Broadway plays and take workshops with stars in the shows they see.
- Seashore offers an award winning education. We were the only middle school in the USA to win a 2013 First Place Gold Circle Award from Columbia University's Scholastic Press Association and 2011, 2012 and 2013 Silver Medals from judges at the Ivy League's Graduate School of Journalism for the student newspaper Seashore Student Views. Students also won a Peoples Choice Award in the Save The Jersey Shore Art Contest, have taken first in the Marine Academcy of Science and Technology Middle School Tournaments and are consistently recognized for achievement by Johns Hopkins Center For Talented Youth and The White House.
- Seashore teams break records and make it to the Playoffs. The Sharks won the 2013 Salvation Army Red Kettle Classic, bringing home the trophy the third year in a row. The 2013 track team sent a record number to the All Star Meet.
- In addition to its exceptional education, Seashore offers a wholesome, family environment free of the typical middle school experimenting that can derail lives. Students develop close friendships with children who are so focused on athletics, the arts and hobbies ranging from horseback riding to fencing, dance, singing, community and professional theater and competitive skating that veering off course is not even on their radar.
- Seashore graduates consistently gain acceptance to the high schools of their choice including top ranked Biotech, High Tech, MAST, Communications, Allied, CBA and Red Bank Regional High School's Specialized Academies.
- For parents convenience, we offer free door-to-door transportation, free childcare from 7:30-9a.m. for those who have to be at work early, extended care until 6p.m. and a 12-month plan that covers school, camp and everything inbetween at a substantial savings.>
Profile last updated: 11/19/2014
- School Location Miles Grades Students
LincroftGrades: PK-8 | 343 students
347 Middletown Lincroft Road
Lincroft, NJ 07738
EatontownGrades: NS-12 | 775 students
235 Hope Road
Eatontown, NJ 07724
New MonmouthGrades: PK-8 | 728 students
538 Church St
New Monmouth, NJ 07748
Sea GirtGrades: NS-8 | 177 students
2135 Highway 35
Sea Girt, NJ 08750
RumsonGrades: PK-8 | 395 students
40 Rumson Road
Rumson, NJ 07760