Grades: PK-4 | 79 students
- In 1997, The Shim Academy of Montessori was founded in an effort to create a non-biased curriculum within a multi-cultural, mixed socio-economic, interracial environment, where children and teachers can delight in each individual's special qualities.
- The Shim Academy is more that just another Child Care Center.
- We at the Shim Academy instill in our students that learning is a life long process.
- We realize that the children have a natural spontaneous love of learning and natural desire to work.
- This is why we have committed ourselves to provide the environment, materials and the right conditions to which children will establish good work habits.
- The Shim Academy offers a positive atmosphere where children will develop self-confidence, self-esteem, independence, and self-discipline.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Total Students||79 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Marina Moriello|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
EdisonGrades: K-3 | 140 students
6 Kilmer Rd
Edison, NJ 08817
PrincetonGrades: NS-8 | 150 students
487 Cherry Valley Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
ParsippanyGrades: PK-6 | 353 students
499 Park Rd
Parsippany, NJ 07054
Basking RidgeGrades: K-6 | 201 students
361 Somerville Rd
Basking Ridge, NJ 07920
BridgewaterGrades: NS-6 | 132 students
120 Finderne Avenue
Bridgewater, NJ 08807
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.