Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
- Sidwell Friends School is an educational community inspired by the values of the Religious Society of Friends and guided by the Quaker belief in "That of God" in each person.
- We seek academically talented students of diverse cultural, racial, religious and economic backgrounds.
- We offer these students a rich and rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum designed to stimulate creative inquiry, intellectual achievement and independent thinking in a world increasingly without borders.
- We encourage these students to test themselves in athletic competition and to give expression to their artistic abilities.
- We draw strength from silence—and from the power of individual and collective reflection.
- We cultivate in all members of our community high personal expectations and integrity, respect for consensus, and an understanding of how diversity enriches us, why stewardship of the natural world matters and why service to others enhances life.
- Above all, we seek to be a school that nurtures a genuine love of learning and teaches students "to let their lives speak.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PotomacGrades: 2-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 685 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
Sandy SpringGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
RockvilleGrades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.