Grades: PK-12 | 1101 students
- Sidwell Friends School is an educational community inspired by the values of the Religious Society of Friends and guided by the Quaker belief in "That of God" in each person.
- We seek academically talented students of diverse cultural, racial, religious and economic backgrounds.
- We offer these students a rich and rigorous interdisciplinary curriculum designed to stimulate creative inquiry, intellectual achievement and independent thinking in a world increasingly without borders.
- We encourage these students to test themselves in athletic competition and to give expression to their artistic abilities.
- We draw strength from silence—and from the power of individual and collective reflection.
- We cultivate in all members of our community high personal expectations and integrity, respect for consensus, and an understanding of how diversity enriches us, why stewardship of the natural world matters and why service to others enhances life.
- Above all, we seek to be a school that nurtures a genuine love of learning and teaches students "to let their lives speak.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Friends Council on Education (FCE)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||1101 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 34%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||140 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PotomacGrades: 2-12 | 777 students
10601 Falls Rd
Potomac, MD 20854
BethesdaGrades: PK-12 | 286 students
4800 Sangamore Road
Bethesda, MD 20816
BethesdaGrades: 3-12 | 685 students
6101 Wilson Lane
Bethesda, MD 20817
RockvilleGrades: 6-12 | 60 students
5100 Randolph Road
Rockville, MD 20852
Sandy SpringGrades: PK-12 | 589 students
16923 Norwood Road
Sandy Spring, MD 20860
March 23, 2017
Teachers need to learn how to be Facebook savvy. Otherwise Facebook will cause them lots of problems.
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.