Grades: 2-6 | 26 students
- The Sterling School was founded in 1999 to meet the needs of Dyslexic and Language Based Learning Disabled children using research-based methodology.
- The Sterling School provides educational opportunities for children diagnosed with Language Learning Disorders.
- They can attend a school where the curriculum and methodology are based on the latest clinical research.
- Our educational program is designed to promote individual academic growth and foster self-esteem through success.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyselxia/Langauge Based Learning Disorders|
|Total Students||26 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$46,000|
|Tuition Notes||90% parents recoup tuition dollars using an educational attorney|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Ruth Arberman|
- Students must have a psycho-educational evaluation which diagnoses them with either Dyslexia or a language based learning disability. All students are of average or above average intelligence
Profile last updated: 09/16/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BrooklynGrades: KG-9 | 112 students
567 Kingston Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11203
BrooklynGrades: K-12 | 363 students
20 Bergen Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
New YorkGrades: 4-12 | 235 students
126 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
February 23, 2017
You probably have several reasons why you think a specific school might be a good fit for your needs and requirements. Have you considered all fifteen of these reasons?
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.