Grades: 6-12 | 61 students
- The Tenney School promotes individualized learning and the acquisition of positive attitudes, advanced knowledge, and skills for success.
- The program approach delivers individual student attention, customized instructional approaches, to maximized academic achievement for each student.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||AdvancED|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Individualized Student Attention|
|Total Students||61 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 36%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||1 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB, Calculus BC, English III, English IV, Environmental Science, US History,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michael Tenney|
- The Tenney School creates an enviornment in which students develop their academic skills and work ethic, leading to better performance in school and life. High school students pursue a regular or advanced diploma while the one student : one teacher approach allows individual learning needs and styles to be addressed. Small group classes provide peer interaction and group learning experiences. Beyond state mandated courses in english, mathematics, history and science, The Tenney School offers various electives such as Spanish, art, computer and SAT preparation, advanced placement classes in English are available to qualified students, flexibility in class scheduling can accommodate students with special circumstances.
Profile last updated: 07/20/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 70 students
10255 Richmond Ave #100
Houston, TX 77042
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 152 students
13726 Cutten Rd
Houston, TX 77069
HoustonGrades: 9-12 | 922 students
9000 Bellaire Blvd
Houston, TX 77036
HoustonGrades: PK-12 | 1750 students
13077 Westella Dr
Houston, TX 77077
HoustonGrades: 1-12 | 35 students
10600 Richmond Ave
Houston, TX 77042
The Tenney School faculty do not only provide students with a quality education, they strive to create a healthy and inclusive learning environment for all. The one to one setup allows students to thrive and develop a curiosity for each respective subject. Truly a great school with an amazing community of people.
- Posted by Parent - Mrs. Alfudail
March 21, 2017
Future and current employers can find out all sorts of things about you these days. Make sure that you don't leave behind any damning electronic evidence.
March 21, 2017
Asking good questions at your job interview will improve your chances. Conversely asking bad questions will damage them.
March 20, 2017
You have a lot riding on your job interview. Here are some tips for a successful interview.