Grades: K-8 | 305 students
- The Wesley School develops citizens and students by including community service and character development with its strong academic program.
- The enriched curriculum provides opportunities in the visual and performing arts, technology, athletics, and foreign language.
- Wesley is known for its small, inviting and friendly atmosphere that embraces family involvement.
- Students are well prepared for the area's best high schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
California Association of Independent Schools (CAIS)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||305 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||32 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
(uniform of navy or khaki pants for boys and girls, plaid or khaki skirts for girls, polo shirt, sweatshirt,)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 20 / Apr. 30 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$23,500|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition in the middle school averages about $3000 more to cover the cost of multi-day retreats, textbooks, and a greater selection of electives.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$11,900|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Verena Denove|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsey Drasin|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Visual and performing arts, and digital music grade 4-6, as well as choral music grades K-8 Visual and performing arts,
and digital music grade 4-6,
as well as choral music grades K-8,
- The Wesley School is an amazing place for children to learn and grow. The academic program is engaging and enriching and keeps learning interesting and enjoyable. The unparalleled sense of community that you feel when you visit campus is a result of committed faculty and parents working together to create a welcoming environment. We invite you to join us for an upcoming open house!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Sherman OaksGrades: K-12 | 830 students
3900 Stansbury Avenue
Sherman Oaks, CA 91423
South ParisGrades: K-12 | 43 students
10 E Main St
South Paris, ME 04281
Valley VillageGrades: K-12 | 1108 students
4533 Laurel Canyon Blvd
Valley Village, CA 91607
Van NuysGrades: PK-8 | 362 students
15700 Sherman Way
Van Nuys, CA 91406
Los AngelesGrades: NS-8 | 270 students
16000 Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
February 11, 2017
Let's think about the employment process from the point of view of your making me want to hire you. Here are some points to ponder.
February 10, 2017
It is easy to fall into the trap of not keeping your skill-set current. There's no time and no need anyway. We look at why you need to keep things current and offer some suggestions as to how to proceed.
February 10, 2017
The only way private schools can build their financial security is through gifts. Major gifts offer proof of how deeply many donors feel about their private schools. Their munificence is a wonderful example to others.