- Williston is an exceptionally well-balanced educational community in the Five College - Amherst, Smith, Mt. Holyoke, Hampshire, & UMASS - area of Western Massachusetts.
- Our academic program will provide you every opportunity to challenge yourself, develop new interests and encounter traditional subject matter taught in innovative ways.
- The school integrates core college preparatory curriculum with exciting electives and a unique relationship with the Five Colleges while all classes emphasize mastery of language, clarity of thought and academic integrity.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
The Association of Boarding Schools (TABS)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus AB, AP Chemistry, AP Comparative Government & Politics, AP Computer Science, AP English Language, AP English Literature, AP French Language, AP Latin:Vergil, AP Microeconomics, AP Physics B, AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism, AP Physics C: Mechanics, AP Psychology, AP Spanish Language, AP Statistics, AP United States History, BC & Multivariable Calculus,|
Finances and Admission
|Admissions Director||Chris Dietrich|
|Total Sports Offered||20 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water Polo, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,
Cross Country, Diving,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Wrestling,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||24 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||ARETE (Senior Tutors), Amnesty International, Community Service, Dance, Film Club, French Club, Gay Straight Alliance, Gold Key (Student Tour Guides), Green Team, Habitat for Humanity, Heifer Project International, International Club, Janus (Literary Magazine), Jazz Band, Orchestra, Peer Educators, Political Forum, Spanish Club, String Ensemble, Student Alumni Organization, Student Council, The Log (Yearbook), Ultimate Frisbee, Willistonian (Student Newspaper) Dance, Film Club, French Club, Green Team, Jazz Band, Orchestra, Peer Educators, Spanish Club, ARETE (Senior Tutors),
Gay Straight Alliance,
Gold Key (Student Tour Guides),
Habitat for Humanity,
Heifer Project International,
Janus (Literary Magazine),
Student Alumni Organization,
The Log (Yearbook),
Willistonian (Student Newspaper),
- Members of the Class of 2009 were accepted at 46 of Barron's 75 Most Competitive colleges & universities in the counntry.
- Offers a unique program: The Writer's Workshop series. In its twelfth year, the fall 2009 series will feature Martin Espada ("The Republic of Poetry") and Sebastian Stuart ("The Hour Between"). Previous speakers include Pulitizer Prize winners Richard Russo and James Tate, writers Arthur Golden, Anita Shreve, Augusten Burroughs, Curtis Sittenfeld, Gregory Maguire, Jodi Picoult, and screenwriter Chic Eglee '70.
- Ninth Grade Program designed to ease the transition from middle school to secondary school and to build camaraderie in the entering class.
- New Ninth Grade boys dorm opened in September 2008 featuring geothermal wells for heating and cooling.
- Completed successful $36 million dollar Campaign for Legacy & Vision in June 2008 raising funds for endowment, faculty support and financial aid.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DeerfieldGrades: 9-12 | 651 students
7 Boyden Lane
Deerfield, MA 01342
GillGrades: 9-12 | 650 students
One Lamplighter Way
Gill, MA 01354
HardwickGrades: 8-12 | 182 students
Po Box 116
Hardwick, MA 01037
GreenfieldGrades: 7-12 | 154 students
574 Bernardston Road
Greenfield, MA 01301
DeerfieldGrades: K-9 | 206 students
94 Old Main Street, PO Box 8
Deerfield, MA 01342
There are many things to love about Williston. Just to start somewhere, this is a place where students are encouraged to be authentic and this usually means that they are not cut-throat like some of the students at the more well-known prep schools. It is a caring community at every level. Top students will be challenged, but students who come needing some extra help will get that too. The teachers are outstanding by any measure, and are more caring than any place we''ve seen. The location, though, is fantastic. Being a part of Easthampton and near Northampton add so much to climate. Finally, the athletic facilities are great!!!
- Posted by Parent - nwoma